TurkHackTeam 18 march operation x1x1pezo1x1x and takisik(DefacerTaki)

TurkHackTeam 18 march operation x1x1pezo1x1x and takisik(DefacerTaki)

Comments

1. Brava, DB – such a wonderful interview. And thank you, Stephen, for sharing and being so generous in your answers.

Really, one of the best interviews I’ve ever read. After reading and listening to every interview he’s given for the last 6 years, I didn’t expect to be surprised by this one. It wasn’t the information that surprised me, nor a “new side” of Stephen Colbert. It was a clearer vision of what a humble, joyous, and genuine person he is.

I’m inspired all over again.

Ciao, bella!

2. that last part about jon stewart was beautiful :)
    thank you for this awesome interview, db, you couldn’t end NFZ any better :)

3. Galadriel says:

Wow. Just Wow. That was incredible, DB and Stephen. Thank you.

It is hard to pick a favorite insight from this wonderful interview, but four things really stand out for me.

First, how often Stephen uses the word JOY. It permeates everything he is, does, and says.

Second, when he said this: “You know, you may have heard me say in interviews before that I like getting in trouble. And you get in trouble, and once you’re in trouble, boy that really makes you come up with a good idea. Or at least “an” idea. Because sometimes the best idea is just the one that exists.”

This is the improviser’s creed, writ large. It explains much about how and why he does the amazing things he does and how he is able to keep doing them, year after year.

Third, what a consummate professional he is.

And finally, that life is a gift, joy is everywhere we decide to see it, and Love is a choice… and he Chooses It.

Hugs, Love, Laughter, Peace, and “YES, And” to you DB; you’ve earned it.
    With gratitude,
    G

• What she said. Every bit of it. Words escape me right now. Thank you for this wonderful interview and insight. thank you again for this wonderful community, it’s meant a lot to all of us!

4. joe dye says:

is there audio version of this ?

• Karenatasha says:

There will not be an audio version, Joe, because of the way it had to be taped. I believe DB discusses it in her goodbye note.

5. “I was out-pretentiousing the things around me,” is the greatest thing.

Lovely interview, thank you DB!

6. This is a wonderful interview! Thank you, DB!
    Stephen’s comments about his wonderful and brilliantly gorgeous professional and personal relationships with Paul Dinello and Jon Stewart filled me with love, but the last comment about his mother just about slew me.
    Definitely one to save and pour over from time to time. Inspiring stuff!

7. I am not supposed to be here because I am at work, but I couldn’t resist… I skimmed through it and will read it in depth later because I have exactly 2 minutes worth of time on my hands at the moment. But I just have to say, first, what a GREAT interview, and second, “Jon Stewart and his mother.” That was the best. How wonderful to have a friend like Jon Stewart as an inspiration. And I can’t even imagine having a mother like that (sorry, Mom — but I can’t — you know I can’t ). I am going to read this later 100 times over. Thanks so much for this! Ugh. I have to get back to work and I do NOT feel like saying “yes, and…” to that! This was great!

8. andyruso says:

I…I love you DB. And….I…I…will miss you. *lip quiver*

Great selection of questions! And the man himself, answering them all, that’s lovely. My jaw still hurts with all this grinning which is a nice way to distract me from the pain in my heart. And yep, the Jon bit was so wonderful. What I really like is that this interview has quite a few different questions to what we’ve commonly seen answered, a true, unique NFZ interview. *sigh*

D:

9. thngwhtsqks says:

Hmm, I have tried three times to write a response to this but the blog doesn’t seem to like what I have to say, so I’ll leave it at this:

I cannot imagine any better interview with Stephen because the questions came from a devoted fan and fantastic person. I had to fight back tears reading parts of this. Thank you so much!

…and I do wish that we could hear the audio, raw though it may be, but I won’t be greedy :p this is already just amazing, I look forward to re-reading it many many times to come.

10. Wow, what a fantastic interview, I’m going to have to re-read it several times to let it all sink in. Excellent final question, and such a wonderful answer. I also loved that you asked about the bassoon bit, because I had always wondered where that came from. Fingers crossed they manage to redo that someday!

Just wonderful, thank you so much for this DB.

11. colbaby says:

That last answer is so full of win. Heh, and there go my eyes again. Did someone let another cat in here? I told you guys, I’m allergic.

As for tall women carrying heavy things, I was a tad disappointed that it wasn’t an actual fetish. I guess I started lifting weights for nothing. :(

Thanks, DB!

12. Mariana says:

Thank you thank you DB and Stephen for bringing that wonderful interview to us! The part about his mother was especially moving. I’d just like to say to any TCR staff members who may be out there: if you can’t figure out when to show extra songs Stephen does with musical guests, there’s always Colbertnation.com! ;)

13. Caroline says:

Great interview, DB – one of the best I’ve read with Stephen.

14. Splendiferous_Zeppelin says:

Amazing perfect interview.

This?

And on top of that, I would say I’m inspired by my mom. Because she is 91, still loves life, and has reason to be bitter, and is not. And that is the greatest inspiration, that you can take into anything you do. That every day is a choice. And she always makes the choice to love that we are here. And that is a gift that I can never repay.

Is going on my Facebook status update.

Take care of yourself. Don’t be a stranger in the fandom.

15. Meaculpa says:

Great questions, great interview. I may have even teared up a little toward the end.

16. Gratefull says:

Dear DB and Stephen,

I think this is perhaps the most real interview I have read, ever. It really does sound like two friends, sitting over coffee, writing together. Loved how he spoke to being the spitball being dropped in the media pond to watch the ripples and about how he actually does these political activities like running in SC or legitimately forming the SuperPAC because that is more true, more real and more funny, ridiculous

Loved the discussion of those celebrities he is starstruck by and especially about John Legend and … and … what do you mean, you are sitting on other song video … aaarrhhhh *headdesk* … *grabby hand* … LOL

Thanks so much for this great conversation! Both here, now and for the last 5 years!!! … what a wonderful, long, slowly unfolding conversation. I’ll miss it.

Hugs and gratefulness,

Gratefull

17. Thank you DB. That was a fantastic interview, with great questions and one of the best interviews that I have read with Stephen. Thanks so much.

18. Thank you DB! What an amazing interview; I really could not admire Stephen more. He’s such a wonderful, open-minded and generous human being. And that last part about Jon is one of the loveliest things I’ve ever read in an interview. Thanks again.

19. That was a phenomenal interview, DB! What a way to go out.

I love that Stephen showed up to the interview rather than “Stephen.” There are only a few good interviews with Stephen, and this one blew them out of the water. Because here he gave honest answers to new questions written by a true fan. It’s a treat to be reminded directly what a truly wonderful person he is.

The best part was learning that Stephen would prefer to edit out the character breaks if he had time. I’m glad they don’t :)

DB, I hope this was the little umbrella on top of your NFZ cocktail. Enjoy!

reCAPTCHA: snalln zone (?)

20. friedthing says:

Wow, thank you so much, DB and Stephen! What an amazing way to end the blog! I’m going to miss this site so much… it’s hitting me now :(. Oh, hey, and thanks for asking one of my questions! Take care….

21. Dear DB (and Stephen!)
    Thank you so much for this perfect summing up of such a wonderful blog.
    DB while it’s very sad to see the site end, I know it must have been an overwhelming amount of work, and this lovely interview brings it to a perfect close. I know that Stephen has said he doesn’t read about himself but I am sure he is aware of what a splendid fan site this has been. You have done so much to reflect the kindness, humor and intelligence of Stephen himself.
    I loved all the stories in the interview, and Stephen’s appreciation of Jon is touching and his talk about his mother inspiriring.

22. So, I am in tears. Partly because I am so incredibly happy about this, but also because this really signifies the end. Wonderful interview, in every way possible! DB, Stephen, so much love goes out to both of you from my little fan-girl heart. :) Fan-girl life after No Fact Zone will be difficult, but I’m definitely happy knowing we carry on in a unity of adoration (<—cheesy ;). I love you Nation! Hope to see you around. xoxo

Oh, what a fabulous interview and a great send-off for the site. Thank you, DB, and thank you Stephen for this special gift.

I’m not surprised that copyright issues hinder the release of all those surplus songs, but I am frustrated. I wish there were some way to negotiate it. Darn.

Stephen’s warmth, affection, and praise for both Paul and Jon were touching to hear, and I loved getting the background on his and Paul’s earlier work together. That was the most informative discussion of Stephen’s earlier career I’ve yet read. It seems to me that both Paul and Jon have each given Stephen “gifts” that have served him well. Paul has a fearlessness that is absolutely inspiring, a willingness to put himself on the line, and a belief that he has the skills to make it all come out well. Jon provides empathy and guidance, the “I know what it feels like and you can soldier through this” that must help on a bad day.

And of course, there’s his loving statement about his mother: “Because she is 91, still loves life, and has reason to be bitter, and is not. And that is the greatest inspiration.” Thank you, Lorna Colbert, for teaching that lesson to your son, and sharing him with the world.

What a rapturous end to NFZ. I just must keep giving thanks for this, and wishing you the best whatever you do, DB. I know that no matter what it is, you will do it to the same high standards you applied to this website.

A really great interview! Thanks again for all the time you put in here at the site, DB, and for asking such great questions of Mr. Colbert.

25. Lovely interview, DB and Stephen. Thank you so much!

26. leorabk says:

Great interview DB!! I can’t believe this is the end but boy what an ending!! You did an awesome job with the interview and i bet your jumping around inside over the fact that YOU INTERVIEW STEPHEN BLOODY COLBERT!!!!! how awesome is that!!! Thank you so much for all the great work you’ve done with this blog! YOU ROCK!!

27. This is the most wonderful, beautiful, honest, insightful and straight-from-the-heart interview by Stephen I have ever read (I could go on with more superlatives but it would go on forever). The absolute best. You can practically hear his own voice talking when you read it, and I love every single bit of it. Thank you and congratulations, DB, on having this amazing opportunity to interview Stephen Colbert himself, and thank you, Stephen, for giving up some of your precious little time to give us this brief open window into your mind and heart. I will never get over at just how much of an eloquent thinker and speaker he is, and this interview is another perfect example of that prowess. My absolute favourite part was the one at the end about Jon and his mother. I’ve always wondered just how much he cares about and loves Jon, and I am overjoyed at how much my wondering has been confirmed and more with his genuine response. His gratitude for his friendship with Jon is so palpable. His comment about this mother was especially touching. It’s all thanks to her that every single day, he chooses life, love and joy. And for that, Lorna Colbert, we are all eternally grateful that your son is the wonderful man that he is.

And it is with a clear mind and a grateful, peaceful heart that I bid farewell to NFZ. This was the perfect way to send it off, and (like I said somewhere else), although we now have new homes to congregate within and continue our friendships and never-ending devotion to Stephen (strengthened even more by this interview), we will never forget the place that started it all and how it brought us all together at one point or another. Once more, for the final time, thank you DB, the Completists and all you Zoners for everything. See you all around the interwebs (and, hopefully someday, in real life)! :) *HUGS + KISSES FOR ALL*

28. DB, you were right. Most awesome interview EVER. It’s such a real treat to (metaphorically) hear Stephen open up like this. Some really great questions, too.

I’m so incredibly sad that this has to be the end of NFZ, but what a way to go out. Well done, DB, and thank you, Stephen!

29. Arkadina says:

I’ve just thought of my question for Stephen! It’s………….what?

I’m too late, you say?!

Oh………[insert expletive of choice into this space]…..!!

ReCaptcha is: explored assinit. ?.

30. The best interview Stephen has ever given and I am glad he gave it to you DB and to NFZ. So many great moments in it, it’s hard to say which one was my favorite. It was really great to read about Stephen and Paul’s relationship and about how the bassoons story came around to being made.

31. Oh my god, this was fantastic! I knew this was going to be a great interview because you guys have probably read/watched every interview with Stephen Colbert ever written or filmed, so I figured you weren’t going to ask any questions that have already been done to death. It’s geared to an insider audience, which is great.

I just loved reading this, it reaffirms everything we already believed about Stephen: his kindness, his unending generosity, his humility, his humor…it was such an unbelievably wonderful look at this man who the rest of us can only aspire to. Thank you DB, and thank you Stephen for everything you do for us. God bless!

I didn’t want to read this until now because I wanted to be able to give it my full attention. And I enjoyed every word of it. I literally read this entire interview with a giant smile on my face, and laughed out loud on more than one occasion. I also heard Stephen’s voice in my head as I read his answers, which was nice and convenient. That was such a fun, light-hearted, yet very personal interview. And I love that he let you in like that. I love that he took every question that you asked and went beyond just a yes or no answer. I know he’s not really one to do that in any of the other interviews I’ve read or heard, but this one was especially nice.

I loved all of his answers, and the questions were fantastic. And DB, you did a magnificent job interviewing. I could just feel your sense of professionalism and also your sense of comfortableness. But my favorite bit was his story about Paul Dinello; I love their friendship. And he actually answered my question without you even having to ask him. To hear (well not really, but you get what I mean) him say that every day is a choice, and how inspired he is by his mom (and Jon!) to make the choice to be happy every day, was completely wonderful, and I teared up when I read that part. Thanks so much for this!

33. I, and possibly also some of you, was half putting off reading this interview because I knew it would be the last new post I would ever read on this site, which means it’s ending is actually real. But, it couldn’t have been a more perfect ending. I’m so glad we finally know where “tall women lifting heavy things” came from because I’ve been wondering that for *years*. I loved hearing about Stephen’s relationship with Paul and Jon and how Stephen and Paul like to “get in trouble”. I can totally relate to that. : )

DB, you did a wonderful job with this interview and it truly was the best way to end the blog (I can’t believe I just typed that last phrase). Thank you for all you’ve done for us and best wishes to you on your future endeavors, wherever they may take you. We will miss this place so very, very much and my heart aches knowing it will be laid to rest. But, I can understand needing a break, a very well-deserved break. But, please don’t be a stranger in the fandom.

And thank you, Stephen, for taking the time out of your ridiculously busy schedule to give us Zoners a little love. You may never really know how much it means to all of us, but I think I can speak for all of us when I say, it truly does mean the world. Also please know that even though we won’t be *here* necessarily, we’re all still here, cheering you on in everything you do.

Catch you all on the flip side.

• I can’t say it any more eloquently than Lilimich.

All I have left is…

Thank You to DB, the completists, fellow zoners, and Stephen. It has been a pleasure getting to know you all through the lens of this shiny, happy blog.

Best wishes always!

34. That was a fantastic interview!!!!! You did a marvelous job, DB!!!!!

35. christiane says:

Awww the blog keeps deleting my comments. :(

Well, I’ll be quick. Great job, I loved the altarboy and Dinello bits the most.

Thank you so much for all of this!

36. jbirdNZ says:

Great interview, or GREATEST?

There is only one answer and we all know what it is.

Simply wonderful, DB -that’s the way to go out after that wonderful interview -with tears, a smile and a sigh.

All the best,

Justine

37. There is not much I can say that hasn’t already been said. I echo everyone who said that this was probably the greatest interview ever done with Stephen. It was so nice to see some new questions I’ve never seen asked of him and his very thoughtful lengthy answers were a delight. Besides the very lovely ending, where he talked about Jon Stewart and his mom (so very very lovely), some of the things that stood out for me were, his beautiful choice of words (especially when he talked about John Legend….his voice made Stephen “tremble”? Oh my dear lord); and the idea that he actually likes to watch ladies carry heavy things up the stairs is pretty hilarious….I can just picture him finding that adorable.

Thank you DB for this amazing interview and for this site. I will miss it very much and I hope to see you stop by CN every once in a while, especially the C-Section! :D

38. Michele says:

Excellent interview, DB! Thank you so much! Now, go get some rest and enjoy life. I hope to still “see” you around the interwebs now and then, though. :-)

39. Mr. Arkadin says:

Well. Okay. I guess I have to admit that this site is coming to an end. Personally, I was hoping for the rapture. Living through Hell on earth would be preferable to living without NFZ.
    DB. Your interview with Stephen is a classic. For some reason I was surprised by how expansive Stephen was. I don’t know why. It would hardly be his way to answer curtly. But there’s just a lovely vibe to this talk, (And that’s really what it was. A talk between two friends, IMO.) that no “professional interview” could have gotten.
    You understandably didn’t ask him my question about the strike, and yet in conversing with him about musical guests and how much say he has in booking them, he volunteered something extraordinary about how he “wrote” while honoring the union during the strike. Just great!
    In closing. I just want to say, I’ll miss you, and all the lovely people I’ve “meet” at your site. Maybe we’ll “see” each other at CN or Katt’s new site. I don’t know. I’m not sure what I’m going to do at the moment. So if I don’t reconnect with you and the others, thanks to all you for your kindnesses and be well.
    And DB. If you weren’t a rose, you did a damn good job fooling me!

• Karenatasha says:

We’ll miss you if you don’t join us somewhere, Mr. Arkadin! So I hope I see you.

^^ What she said. :)

• Mr. Arkadin says:

Thanks Karenatasha. I would miss you too.

• Karenatasha says:

I hope we see you elsewhere in the Colbert cyberspace. It won’t be NFZ, but there still should be an opportunity for good conversation.

• Karenatasha says:

Also, Mr. Arkadin: DB didn’t fool you. She IS a rose. It isn’t Stephen who made her one; it’s Stephen who knew how to recognize one.

• Mr. Arkadin says:

“She IS a rose.”

I agree, Karenatasha! That’s what I meant to convey. I hope you (or anyone else, especially DB) didn’t think otherwise.

• Karenatasha says:

Oh, no–I got exactly what you meant and I’m sure she did too! I was really just playing with what you said and seconding it.

Hey cyber buddy! The Colbert News Hub is officially up and running, complete with new episode recaps and quite a fantastic taping reporT from Karenatasha. Feel free to join us at the new somewhere whenever you’re ready. :)

• Mr. Arkadin says:

You’re sweet! Thanks for making my day. :]

I have been lurking at “The Hub.” But, I’m reluctant to register with wordpress.com just to post. (Or at CN & LJ for that matter.) I’ll probably get over it. Because I miss you and the other ladies quite a bit!
        Anyway. Take care, buddy. *Waves*

• Mr. Arkadin says:

I tried to send you this message earlier, but it didn’t seem to take. So:

You’re sweet! Thanks for making my day. :]

I am lurking at “The Hub.” I’m just not entirely comfortable with having to register at wordpress.com to post. (Or at CN and LJ for that matter.) Maybe I’ll get over it. I’m certainly missing you and the rest of the ladies from NFZ.
        Take care Lockhart43. Over. ;)

40. somuch2kno says:

@ Mr. Arkadin – I certainly hope you choose to stay in touch through CN or one of the other alternatives that may arise. Your presence, spirit and voice have been a familiar and welcome facet of NFZ.

• Mr. Arkadin says:

I thank you very much for your very kind words, somuch2kno. I greatly appreciate it.

41. Wow, I can’t believe it… the day I find this website, and it’s one day after the last ever post? That’s crazy.

Si, if you want to keep in touch or stay connected, check out the “Keeping in touch with our Zoner family” thread. Some of us Zoners are migrating to the Colbert Nation boards, and a couple Livejournal communities have been started as well as an upcoming site, the Colbert News Hub. You’re more than welcome to join any and all. :)

42. Mrs Colbert the 2nd says:

Beautiful, just beautiful. Stephen totally came across as the man I feel he is; warm, intelligent, caring, funny, inspiring, wonderful… I could go on! Well done on getting this, you deserve it completely. Thank you SO much for everything, but…PLEASE DON’T GO, DB!!!! :-(

43. Well, my question was answered.

44. jentaps says:

Dear DB and Stephen,
    What a wonderful interview! You had great questions, and Stephen covered some ground that he hadn’t before. I loved the section about the musical guests, and people he’s been starstruck by.

As someone above pointed out, it was like two friends talking over coffee. Best. Interview. Ever.

Really. All my love to you, DB, as you turn a corner in your life. Know that we are all cheering you on. Thank you for all these years of community.

And, that last Q & A – incredible. Sniff. Maybe he’ll share his Mom with me?

45. Fascinating. Thank you. I could read hours and hours of this, Stephen Colbert explaining his craft. It’s difficult to be so positive and be really, really hysterically funny and perceptive. He has figured out how to do it all. And he obviously loves it. Which comes across on the show.
    So glad he did this interview. Thank you all! (I love nofactzone.com….thank you for all the effort you have put into doing it.)

46. I’ve read your site for years, and never posted until today. I just want to tell you, DB, how much your work is appreciated, and want to thank you again.

47. I finally just got to read this.
    Excellent interview.
    Thanks for this and everything and good luck ahead!

48. Meg1448 says:

Probably the best interview with Stephen I’ve ever read. Fantastic job and thank you so much for sharing it! *hugs*