EPISODE NUMBER: 7025 (February 21, 2011)
GUESTS: Eugene Jarecki
SEGMENTS: Turmoil in the Middle East & Turmoil in the Middle West, Cheating Death – Ablibalify & Bing Bongavax, Rick Santorum Internet Search
VIDEOS: Monday, February 21, 2011
It was so cute to see Stephen channeling his inner Highlandered Gene Shalit as he punnily talked about the revolutions in the Middle East. On occasion, I have these thoughts of how insane the writer’s room must have been during a certain point in the writing process, and today I had one of those moments when I imagined the writers trying to whittle down the two best side effects for Ablibalify. I don’t remember hearing the Circus version of the ‘Colbert Report’ theme before – is that new?
Before I start watching every show to do the guide, I always get the poll and sketches set up. When I saw the name Santorum, I started laughing even before I realized Stephen was going to address why I snicker at the name Santorum. (I’m a long-time Dan Savage fan). Also? If you’re at work, don’t google Cleveland Steamer. Just trust me on that. I love listening to Stephen talk about Ronald Reagan and The Man, The Myth, The Legend, as it were, so I found the interview with Eugene Jarecki to be quite interesting!
What did all of you like about the show? Leave it in the comments!
- Personally, I miss the emotional heights of Egypt. It had everything – huge crowds, pyramids, chance of a mummy attack.
- But since then? Bahrain? Bor-ring! Yemen? More like Yawn-man! And Morocco? I could use a little less Rocco.
- I just pray that Wisconsin does not fall. After all, Wisconsin has long been an ally of the United States. It is our only bulwark against Minnesota. Without Wisconsin, we would soon be overrun by Garrison Keillor. The horror. The folksy, folksy horror.
- Thank God they said he was a Frenchman. I was worried we’d lost another Republican senator.
- As a result, Prescott is proud to announce Ablibalify – the only drug guaranteed to give you an alibi for whatever uncontrollable desires you are most ashamed of.
- Then when you’re caught, you just place the label on the bottle and tell your crying loved one, it’s not my fault, Ablibalify made me bikini wax hobos. Or uncontrollably dry-hump garden gnomes.
- Side effects of Ablibalify may include legless leg syndrome, Earl of Shrivingstone’s Agyu, and Cranial Biebering.
- Very important – these are medical clowns. Graduating from medical clown college is very difficult. You need to pull 20 babies out of a womb.
- Well, if immediately after was effective, imagine the impressive results during. That’s why Prescott Pharmaceuticals is proud to introduce Bing Bongavax, the world’s first prescription strength clown fertility aid.
- Bing Bong, who wants to have a baby?!
- Then, I don’t want to get too technical … I bang his wife.
- Side effects of Bing Bongavax include overstuffed car syndrome, premature flower squirt, and Barnham and Bunions.
- A staunch conservative, Santorum has name recognition. Only one problem … he’s got name recognition.
- If you have any kids, please ask them to leave the room. And if you’re eating nachos, you might want to put them down.
- I do think that was inappropriate. Dog is man’s best friend, not man’s best friend with benefits.
- It is the worst dragging of a politician’s name through the frothy mud since the sad case of Senator Cleveland D. Steamer. [NSFW link]
- This has got to work, because I am a huge fan of Santorum … the senator! The senator!