EPISODE NUMBER: 7020 (February 3, 2011)
GUESTS: Jane McGonigal
SEGMENTS: Crisis in Egypt – Anderson Cooper & Bill O’Reilly, Sport Report – Super Bowl Edition, Black History Month
VIDEOS: Thursday, February 3, 2011
Okay, Zoners, I know this episode guide is a bit late, but when the show says they’re going on hiatus, sometimes my brain goes on hiatus before I have a chance to actually get my blogging finished for the week.
So did any of you hear what the “my brother Roscoe” line was all about anywhere out there in the fandom? I have to admit, I feel bad for poor Anderson Cooper, trapped in a bunker and not able to get out there and report on the Egypt news. Cooper tweeted that he was leaving Egypt, so hopefully he made it out safely. The NFL Royalty Meter made me laugh quite a bit because of the numerous promotions in the Dallas area for “Big Game” themed advertisements. Even my husband’s company was running a “Your Big Game Headquarters” promotion around the Super Bowl events. I also found it funny that Stephen talked about the $200 “sit outside the stadium” seating. Talk about Jerry Jones milking it for everything he can.
I really enjoyed the interview with Jane McGonigal. I enjoy a smart woman who can talk about her passion, and it was very interesting to hear her talk about her passion of gaming. I don’t play a whole lot of games per se – I do like playing Words With Friends with my husband, and I did spend an entire weekend playing “Angry Birds” when I got the app. What kind of games do all of you play? Leave it in the comments!
- Ten days? Really? I say free yourselves or get off the pot. We’ve got a Superbowl coming.
- Problem solved, show’s over, back to your pyramids.
- Well it’s humble pie time, people who took ninth-grade science.
- Take that, gravity huggers!
- How come we have the moon and Mars doesn’t? Except for the two that it has?
- Where does God come from? That’s easy … Oh God, that can’t be answered with God. How could he make himself if he wasn’t there yet to make Him? Therefore there is no God, and everything is a chaotic collection of random energy with no meaning. I love you Bill O’Reilly. No, no, no! Jimmy, quick!
- And when it comes to the Super Bowl [Please Swipe Credit Card To Continue] Oh, I’m sorry, I forgot to feed my NFL Royalty Meter. The National Football League is extremely protective of their brand, so before I can even talk about the NFL, I need to pay.
- It’s like you’re at the Super Bowl, but forgot your tickets. … It’s none of the hassle of seeing the game live, but all of the fun of hours of trying to get out of the parking lot.
- ARE YOU READY FOR SOME TRICKLE DOWN?!
- I will not be satisfied unless the Reagan tribute takes up the full halftime show and the third quarter with all of his greatest speeches recited by the Black Eyed Peas. Will.I.Am can be Reagan, Fergie can be Nancy, and Apple D Ap can be Oliver North Ap. I want blimps raining jelly beans. I want the condiments in the stadium to be declared a vegetable. I want all the concession sales to benefit the Nicaraguan Contras. Otherwise I’ll switch over to Animal Planet to watch their halftime special, the Gipper Bowl. It’s puppies playing football dressed as Reagan. After all, I’ve always dreamed of one Reagan humping another.
- People tell me I’m white and I believe them because I have no desire to celebrate Black History Month.
- [Ohio governor John Kasich] chose to marry a woman. And if he’s implying that’s a tough call, that means he’s gay gay gay gay gay.
- The man is responsible for the gender of the child. Before you get down to business, you just take out a sharpie and write “GIRL” on your penis. Or “FEMALE” if you’ve got the room for it.
- Have you seen [Kasich's] cabinet? They’re whiter than my writing staff.
- That means I’m probably black.
- You’re a gamer, but you’re also a girl. And a pretty one at that, with the big hair and everything. If I turn off the switch, do you turn out to be a 15 year old boy in his underwear?
- It’s about escapism. I can show you one photo of me in seventh grade and you’ll know why I played Dungeons & Dragons.