EPISODE NUMBER: 7015 (January 26, 2011)
GUESTS: Michael Waldman, Christine Yvette Lewis
SEGMENTS: Anonymous Insider Author Speculation, Obama’s State of the Union Address – Michael Waldman, Mr. Smith Goes to the State Legislature Then Later Possibly Washington – Curtis Oda
VIDEOS: Wednesday, January 26, 2011
I’m just a bit behind on guides, so let’s start with Wednesday’s show. While I enjoyed Michael Waldman’s discussion of the State of the Union with Stephen, for me the most fascinating part of the show was watching Stephen interview worker’s right advocate Christine Yvette Lewis. Seeing him try to be “Stephen” without offending Ms. Lewis was one of the most interesting tap dances I have ever seen Colbert do. I also very much enjoyed the bludgeoning of animal segment, and couldn’t help but think of poor Mr. Whiskers.
What did all of you enjoy about the show?
- Though if Rahm had written it, it would probably be called “F”.
- I admit, I don’t keep the closest tabs on what I do, but I’m pretty sure I didn’t write a book.
- I suppose it’s possible that I wrote it. I do have frequent episodes where I black out, although I’ve never woken up with a book before. Normally, I’m just standing over the dead homeless man in scuba gear.
- I watched the speech last night with someone I detest.
- Let Daddy warm you up!
- Not to mention computers in cars, which put cars in offices.
- First, get ready for the toaster with wheels. It is perfect for when you’re at the bottom of an incline and you need toast.
- Behold the fork phone. Now you can answer calls at dinner without being rude. [riiiing] Excuse me … We’re still beta testing.
- Is State of the Union like jazz? Is it the notes you *don’t* play?
- See, there *is* stuff to do in Utah! The skiing’s also nice, I understand.
- Oda is not saying you can just open fire at the dog park. This isn’t Texas.