EPISODE NUMBER: 7012 (January 20, 2011)
GUESTS: Chris Matthews
SEGMENTS: Rush Limbaugh Speaks Chinese, State Budget Shortfalls – Christine Todd Whitman, 50th Anniversary of JFK’s Inaugural Address
VIDEOS: Thursday, January 20, 2011
Tonight’s show was yet another stellar show in this week’s streak of wonderful shows. The Rush Limbaugh segment showed the utter hypocrisy of Limbaugh, and the Kennedy/Pundit montage was brilliant. I thought that the banter between guest Chris Matthews and Stephen Colbert flowed very naturally, and was challenging without being overpowering. Christine Todd Whitman was a bit dry for me though, but then again, I live in Texas so any talk of state’s issues makes me think of Rick Perry which gives me a pain in my right temple. [Joke #1: How can you tell if a person is from Texas? They'll tell you. Joke #2: How can you tell if a person is from Texas? They don't see that #1 is a joke.]
What did you think of tonight’s show? Leave it in the comments and don’t forget to vote in the poll!
- My favorite doughnut is every doughnut. When I stand up, my chair smells like a cat shelter.
- For someone who can’t understand it, [Rush Limbaugh] speaks Chinese beautifully.
- It’s funny because it’s incurable.
- Yeah, what do these states think they are, banks?
- Do we really need two Dakotas? And “New” Hampshire? I’m sure the old one’s fine.
- Some might call that crazy. But we’ll never know for sure because everyone qualified to diagnose her has been laid off.
- Why can’t Montana just take over Idaho in a hostile take over and make it Montanaho?
- Because if a tree assaults you in the forest and there is no one there to arrest it, did a crime really happen?
- You know who always has money is the military. What if we just turn like Detroit into a bombing range, would anyone notice?
- He stared down Khrushchev over Cuba and he and his wife Jacqueline were the most glamorous first couple since Andrew and Latoya Jackson.
- I understand the History Channel wanting to preserve its sterling reputation for historical accuracy, established with shows like “Ancient Aliens” and “Monster Quest”. By the way, my theory on who killed Kennedy? Ancient alien monsters.
- And I didn’t see anybody trying to stop the golf channel’s salacious miniseries about Gerald Ford, “Fore’d”! He didn’t have a hook, he had a slice!