EPISODE NUMBER: 7001 (January 3, 2011)
GUESTS: Ed Rendell
SEGMENTS: Snowpocalypse 2010, Tip/Wag – Susan G. Komen Foundation & Spider-Man Musical, The Enemy Within – Caboodle Ranch
VIDEOS: Monday, January 3, 2011
Hello, Zoners, and welcome to the first episode guide of 2011! I love a show that starts with Stephen so bubbling with joy that he has a hard time slipping back into “Stephen” when the show starts. Oh, how I’ve missed that smile – it truly is contagious. We’ve covered Stephen’s appearances at the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure in the past, and have always enjoyed seeing him supporting the worthy cause. However, I share his frustration in what seems like a waste of charity money for the charity to be throwing at lawyers. I would hate to think that I donated to what I thought was a charity doing good to the world, only to find out that so much money was being spent on things that had nothing to do with the actual goal of the charity.
That segment on Caboodle Ranch was both hysterical, touching, and a bit disturbing. I’m very impressed with the segment producer’s ability to find a real life Donny Larson in that sleepy little town. Also? The testimony of the animal doctor who said that yes, cats could probably be trained to shoot was a most excellent example of taking something completely out of context to rendering it hilarious.
Can we trade Rick Perry for Governor Ed Rendell? He at least seems to have a sense of humor and the ability to laugh at himself. His addressing of the issue of our trade deficits with China was a discussion that I think is not being addressed nearly enough in the national dialogue. Hopefully now that the midterm elections are over, politicians will begin to address some of the true reasons for the decline of employment opportunities for Americans.
Also, Stephen’s yellow tie? Pretty.
What did all of you like about tonight’s episode? Leave it in the comments!
- This year, I will not break my New Year’s resolution – D’oh, my New Year’s resolution was to break my New Year’s resolution!
- New intro word: Lad Liberty
- And especially Happy New Year to all of those who came to my party to watch me drop my ball.
- It’s right there in Revelations: “… and lo, Jesus will return on a cloud of glory, which will not be able to land at LaGuardia.” Revelation 12:26 – I’m sure it’s not that bad, I’m sure Jesus was on first class on the cloud.
- Right you are, Rendell, a nation of wusses. Football hasn’t been a man’s game since they wore leather helmets and Notre Dame’s defensive line used shillelaghs.
- These charities are now facing lawsuits for the cure.
- If they [Susan G. Komen foundation] don’t own the phrase “for the cure”, then people might give money to an organization dedicated to curing cancer, when instead it’s wasted on organizations dedicated to curing cancer.
- Finally, a Tip of my Hat to the new Spider Man musical, “Spider Man: Turn Off The Dark”, which due to all the recent injuries to actors, may soon change its name to “Spider Man: Notify Next Of Kin.”
- Personally, I would go see “Driving Miss Daisy” if he were driving her on a NASCAR track. And “The Lion King”? How about some actual lions?
- But remember, with great power comes great medical bills.
- Locals will tell you it’s a good little town. [“Hey, it’s a good little town.”]
- Kamikaze kitties.
- That’s right – he’s harboring weapons of ass destruction.
- And we know where they can buy guns.
- I don’t know why I left the dome open, sorry about that.
- I’m not sure if you can say “dumping pipe”, this is a family show.
- Are you wussing out by not running again even though it’s against the law?