EPISODE NUMBER: 6155 (December 7, 2010)
GUESTS: David Eisenhower and Julie Nixon Eisenhower
SEGMENTS: Extension of the Bush Tax Cuts, Mysteries of the Ancient Unknown – The Pursuit of the Pharaoh’s Phallus Pt. 2, Poll to Repeal Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell
VIDEOS: Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Hello kids! Last night was another great show, but seriously, I really have to stop trying to put on my make-up while watching it online every morning. Suffice it to say, my eyeliner only looks good if you’re looking at me, while standing on your head, and with one eye closed. But enough of that, let’s get to it. What d’ya say?
First of all…New Colbertism in the opening credits kiddies – “Deck the Balls”!! Glad to see everyone at The Colbert Report getting into the holiday spirit, huh? However, once again, the economy (or lack thereof) and the repeal of DADT were in the news, and therefore on our hero’s mind. I always love how Stephen can take these really ‘downer’ subjects, and find a way to make us laugh, and he didn’t disappoint last night. Needless to say that the sad state of Colbert’s Louis Vuitton balloon was a perfect metaphor for America’s economy even if it wasn’t planned that way. Oh, and Stephen’s helium-voice? Yeah. (*sing-song voice*) ADORKABLE! As far as DADT is concerned, my little dog now thinks I’m TOTALLY nuts, because I was actually applauding the comparison of America’s anti-gay sentiment to that of the Taliban. I always love it when Colbert and Co. wait til the end of a segment to deliver a flawless knock-out punch like that. It is indeed a thing of brilliance and beauty.
We also wrapped up Stephen’s ‘award-defeating’ series, “Mysteries of the Ancient Unknown – The Pursuit of the Pharaoh’s Phallus” last night. Spoiler alert: It was hilarious! However, I think a more apt title for this series might have been, “Mysteries of the Ancient Unknown – Or How Many Times Can Stephen Say or Reference the Word ‘Penis’ in One 7-Minute Segment?” Just a thought.
Oh my goodness! How adorable is it that David and Julie Nixon Eisenhower have known each other since they were eight years old? That photo of them with two icons of American history was amazing, wasn’t it? How awesome to grow up in that era, with THOSE people! And, I think Stephen was really enjoying listening to the couple reminisce about growing up in the midst of history, I know I was.
What did you Zoners think of the show? Leave your comments!
- Yes! Changing nothing is the fresh injection of sameness that our stagnant economy needs!
- It’s hard to tell because it got destroyed on the descent, but my balloon was made by Louis Vuitton.
- And by jokes, I mean information.
- You just go to Google Images, put in the word ‘penis’, and your research is almost done for you.
- I wouldn’t know. I’ve never smoked a penis before.
- You know that denial is not just a river in Egypt, right? I’m sorry. I’m being told that it IS just a river in Egypt. I did not know that. (An oldie, but a goodie)
- Did you hear that, Dr. Zahi Hawass? Ball’s in your court. Actually, I’m not sure we know where the balls are either.
- Do homosexuals have an expiration date? Best if gay by…?
- When you’re in combat, the number one thought in your mind as bullets are whizzing overhead is, ” I hope the guy who just saved my ass, wasn’t saving it for later.”
- And if no one in our military wants to deny gays the right to fight and die for their country, then I say we need to ask people who share our traditional anti-gay values…the Taliban. It’s only fair. After all, it’s their war too!
- Oh, you don’t have to tell me. I’m a HUGE Warren-head!
- When they ask you to spell ‘Eisenhower’, do you ever say, “He defeated Hitler!!”?
- ‘Sardines’ in college? That’s a TOTALLY different game in college.