EPISODE NUMBER: 6146 (November 15, 2010)
GUESTS: David Stern
SEGMENTS: Stephen murders Mr. Goodwrench, TSA Scanners, Garfield and President Obama Dishonor Veterans
VIDEOS: Monday, November 15, 2010
If you’ve never seen Stephen as Mr. Goodwrench, you can find a few of his ads over on YouTube – it’s a cringeworthy good time! And his murder confession reminded me of that time he killed a panda. ["In my defense, Jon, it was dark, I was drunk, and it was delicious."] And does anyone remember when the Pontiac Aztec was cool for that five minutes? Yeah.
I felt horrible having to wait in line for close to 45 minutes to get through security, partially disrobe, and pull out my laptop just to be able to board the plane home from DC after the rally. And it looks like I flew just in time to avoid the insanity that’s going on today with the x-rays and pat downs. I can see why people are getting seriously cranky with the amount of invasiveness that these new airport screens are taking. I enjoyed listening to Jeffrey Goldberg and Stephen Colbert go back and forth about the different violations of privacy. And two words I was not quite expecting to hear during that interview: reverse cowgirl. [EDIT: If you do not know what that is, I would highly recommend not Googling it at work (thanks for that tip, Aaron B!).]
I don’t watch sports at all unless hubby happens to have a Packers game on, so the whole sports bits in the David Stern interview were pretty dry for me. But the fact that Stephen took everything sports related he could and made it ridiculous made the interview much more palatable for me.
What did all of you like about tonight’s episode? Leave it in the comments!
- That was back when I still had the shoulders to pull off that safari vest.
- I have a confession to make. I actually found Mr. Goodwrench on the first day of shooting. And I murdered him. I had to! If they knew I’d found him, they would have ended the ad campaign. I needed that money! I have a boat!
- Well, they never found the body, because I put it in a place where no one would ever look. Inside a Pontiac Aztec.
- You might want to hit the gym, because there’s a good chance you’ll have to go through one of the full body scanners that x-ray your X-rated parts. I believe we have nothing to fear from these minimally invasive machines made by a company whose name I pray is not pronounced “Rape”-iscan. That’d be nice.
- Come on, pilots, show us your joystick!
- Just write your wife an apology, and start hitting the stairmaster because they are a judgmental community.
- Bottom line: this holiday season, if you’re traveling by airplane, you’re going to want to wax.
- Before we get started, do you want to give me a pat down?
- True! You got that one wrong!
- Why don’t you just do I’m a Little Teapot, would that make you feel better? Is your problem with that? How about Downward facing dog? Reverse cowgirl?
- We’re in a crazy race.
- Have you asked Grandma how she feels about this? Maybe this is a long overdue thrill.
- Wrong Day!
- How dare these soldiers dishonor themselves by not being in America on Veteran’s Day. Have they no respect for the respect they will one day receive from Charles Hurt?
- I’m such an enormous fan that I haven’t watched any games this year. Has the season started?
- Really? And that money gets equally distributed to the American people?
- I might want to pat down your groin before this interview is over.