EPISODE NUMBER: 6142 (November 8, 2010)
GUESTS: Reza Aslan
SEGMENTS:One Hour in the Future, The Word – Nothingness, President Obama’s Expensive Trip to India
VIDEOS: Monday, November 8, 2010
You know a show is going to be good when it starts with a grabby hands “Nobel Prize in time travel, please!” Poor Jay the Intern – he looks like he never held a gun in his life. I did half expect a stray bullet to hit Tom in the front row in the thigh, though. I’m glad they’ve stopped shooting that poor man.
I am so boggled at Rand Paul’s “There are no rich people or poor people.” Seriously?! He’s obviously never subsisted on ramen for a week because of an unexpected tire blowout and subsequent Discount Tire bill. I love how it’s always the rich people who say there are no poor. You never hear the recent college graduate with $40K in debt in a $25K/year entry level job saying that there are no poor.
I’m blown away at the $200 million a day figure on the Obama India trip. At least the White House press guy was able to put at least a little perspective on it. At any rate, I know I’ve seen the “random Indian guy” before. Come on, comedy fans, a little help? I very much enjoyed Reza Aslan’s interview. It’s interesting to hear how the discussion about radical Muslims has changed little in the four years since Aslan was last on.
What did all of you think about the show tonight?
- New intro word: Downtrickler
- Suckers! I didn’t! That means I’m living one hour in the future!
- So for me, it’s 12:32! I gamed the system! I found the wormhole! Nobel Prize in time travel please!
- There can only be one of me, because two of me would depreciate my resale value.
- I finally understand the importance of Daylight Savings Time.
- A GOP sweep is like Christmas, but with even more Jesus.
- There’s no rich, no poor, no middle class. [He’s Got At Least A Third Right.]
- Here’s another good one: If a poor family falls on hard times in the woods, and no one’s around to care, did it really happen? [Not If They’re Hispanic]
- Rand Paul lives in a higher plane. [Same One You Couldn’t Get On]
- And while in India, he has tried to make conservative voters more comfortable with him by dancing like a white man.
- And that’s not all. I’ve heard he’s dining on bald eagles, using the original Declaration of Independence as a wetnap, and renting an airplane hanger to house Babe, his big blue ox.
- I’m gonna delete my browser history.
- Oh really? Then how do you explain this top secret Pentagon 3-D model that I was able to obtain? Look at all the President’s ships right there! He’s got them all bunched together. That’s terrible, that’s going to be so easy to figure out. Don’t get me started on his upcoming trip to Candyland.
- I’m very famous here in America. Trust me, you’re honored.
- And these are all apologies to the west?
- Really? I didn’t think anyone could hate anyone more than they hate me.