EPISODE NUMBER: 6139 (November 2, 2010)
GUESTS: David Frum, Katrina vanden Heuvel
SEGMENTS: Live Indecision 2010 coverage
VIDEOS: Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I’m not much for the super political heavy shows. Give me a good Cheating Death segment or Starbucks under the desk segment over political analysis any day. But I thought Stephen and the crew did well, and thought having the two guests, one moderate conservative, and one liberal, helped give some balance to the show and give some good commentary on the actual results of the election.
Loved the “Hawaii Five-0″ music intro. But the news of the reality of the Republican wave? Sad. You know, we’ve seen “Stephen” defeated by Democratic wins time and time again. Who can forget “The Word – Sigh” after the Midterm 2006 elections? But it was odd to see “Stephen” so happy when it seemed like Stephen was truly in direct opposition. Maybe fake anger is easier than fake happy?
What did you think of the live show? Leave it in the comments!
- Intro Word: Hang 2010
- Tonight we will be riding a barrel all the way to tax cut beach. Tonight we will be saying aloha to the Republicans and aloha to the Democrats.
- Speaking of which, Styles Point Elementary, sloppy joes and corn niblets. Came as a shock to a lot of people.
- That one ring, of course, is the ring of bronzer that John Boehner leaves in his bathtub.
- So it is all but certain that Boehner will be the new speaker, unless out of pure habit he blocks his own confirmation.
- Identity confirmed, welcome UnicornGirl18.
- For instance, in Jackson County, West Virginia, machines have actually changed votes, which would explain why Candidates Error 404 page not found is headed to the House of Representatives.
- Paul, of course, is a libertarian and a staunch opponent of government regulation of any kind, so congratulations, Kentucky, your state bird is now a can of lead paint.
- Sarah Palin is the direction of the Republican party. Her endorsements were precious – 56 endorsements, one for every state, and she is the reason why they’re sweeping in.
- The whole country needs a new wheel alignment it feels like.
- If this is any indication, one of these two men will be our country’s next first black president.
- He’s even being beaten by write-in candidate “Led Zeppelin Rules”.
- I was going to say it for you, but I forgot we’re live.
- Seriously, she’s insane. I once saw her give a speech to an empty service elevator.
- Maybe one day there will be elections in the distant future. I don’t know. I’m not a psychic. Maybe one day I will be a psychic. I don’t know that either. As I said, I’m not a psychic.