EPISODE NUMBER: 6130 (October 11, 2010)
GUESTS: Robert Reich
SEGMENTS: Rich Iott Wears a Nazi Uniform, ThreatDown – Muslim Edition, Formula 4 Your Eyes Only
VIDEOS: Monday, October 11, 2010
Before I get to tonight’s episode, I’d like to thank Gabby from the F**kYeahStephenColbert and Caps of Colbert Tumbler, who taught me a very nifty trick about how to grab high def screencaps. Go ahead and check it out – click through today’s screencap to see Stephen in all his HD glory! And follow the Colbert tumblrs for tons of Colbert eye candy goodness.
What a fantastic show tonight! It was amazingly silly, and just had had positive vibes all over it. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around a politician who thinks it’s a good idea to run around in a Nazi uniform “for historical purposes.” Stephen as a young ultra Orthodox Jew was simply adorkable, and him barely able to hold together when he said “I’ve still got it”, doubly so. And yay for the baby carrots mention – quite appropriate for National Coming Out Day.
The segment about the new book The Secret History of MI6: 1909-1949 had me doubled over with laughter. Because I’m 12. The puns were totally groanworthy, and comments like “using the invisible spink” were just too amusing for words. The entire reporting of Formula For Your Eyes Only was amazingly ridonk. I very much enjoyed the Robert Reich interview. He used the “teacher teaching the slightly thick student” approach to the interview, which always makes an interview about a dry subject much easier to swallow.
What did all of you think of the episode tonight? Leave it in the comments!
- Fathers bond with their sons in all kinds of ways. Building a boat, fixing the car, solving the Jewish problem.
- He’s just fascinated by Nazis because they’re incredible.
- Thanks, Eric Cantor, without your support, now Iott will lose the Jewish vote.
- Of course, the beastiality video wasn’t bad for children because it was a woman and a male horse. Nothing gay.
- Some people call me Islamophobic, but if Muslims aren’t trying to take over America, then why have they slipped the name of their god into our Christmas carols. Nice try, fa la-la-Allah-Allah-Allah.
- Oh, they call me crazy when I said baby carrots were trying to turn me gay. Well, now carrot soup is trying to turn me Muslim.
- From now on instead of chicken and stars, it will be pork and cartoons of Mohammad, and I mean no offense to the prophet, blessings and saltines be upon him.
- Certainly some of their more high fiber offerings have declared a fatwa on my colon.
- Now, I’m sure some of you out there are asking, Stephen, can eating halal food make you Muslim? Yes, the same way drinking a cosmo can make you gay. Case in point, Christmas party two years ago. I don’t want to talk about it.
- The book is called The Secret History of MI6: 1909-1949. It is full of interesting tidbits for the spy nerd, like debates over assassinating Nazi leaders, their experiments with exploding filing cabinets and the fact that during World War I, British agents used semen as invisible ink, begging the question, do they not have lemon juice in England?
- Now, I assume British agents used the technique to write notes like “The Huns have discovered my position. I fear they heard me wanking.”
- The British intelligence agent who first championed this method in 1915 was named, and I am not making this up, sir Mansfield Cumming. Which I believe is also what he yelled when producing invisible ink.
- And as luck would have it, agents were anxious for an excuse to rub one out at work.
- When using the invisible spink, the British discovered that a fresh operation was necessary for each letter. They also discovered they loved writing letters. And keeping diaries, making shopping lists and printing a daily newspaper.
- That’s why for your espionage printing needs, I am proud to introduce, ‘Formula For Your Eyes Only’ Invisible Spy Ink [For Women]. It comes in printer cartridges fully loaded with boner toner.
- Formula For Your Eyes Only, compatible with HP, Cannon and Kodak printers. Sorry, Epson, you just don’t do it for me.
- Your cleverness will not protect you, sir.
- What’s heaven for? This is heaven right here.
- If we have ugly, angry politics, that gives me something to talk about every night, and I get richer. Just speaking as a pundit, not as a human.