EPISODE NUMBER: 6116 (September 15, 2010)
GUESTS: Saul Griffith
SEGMENTS: Libertea, 888-OOPS-JEW
VIDEOS: Wednesday, September 15, 2010
I’d like to start this guide by talking about last night’s show. There were so many positive comments about “Dr. Strangelove” that I spent the evening watching the movie on YouTube. And last night’s bit makes so much more sense now! And you were all right, it was absolutely hysterical! Very dry, very wrong. Stephen’s impression was totally spot-on.
Thanks to those who let me know that there was a toss last night. Stephen and Jon are so adorkable when they play off of each other. I’m looking forward to the announcement, if only to get the tension out of the air. Even the Richard Branson Interview Trainwreck didn’t build this much antici … [SAY IT!] … pation.
Stephen marrying his hand was amazingly silly enough, but when he started singing “Get Me to the Church on Time” (from ‘My Fair Lady’, for those of you who weren’t in high school swing choir), and came up with his hand in a little wedding gown, I started seriously laughing out loud. But when he threw rice at his hand after the “ceremony”, I literally yelped so loud that I woke up my cat who promptly shot me a dirty look. Oops.
And speaking of oops, whoo hoo for the Atone Phone being back! 1-888-667-7539, or 888-OOPS-JEW, (Press 1 for 888-MOPS-KEY, Press 3 for 888-MOSS-LEW, Press 4 for 888-MOS-PLEX) If you’re into Twitter, you can tweet with the hashtag #oopsjew. And yay for the emoticons! In case you missed them:
- (:-p = “If you’ve libeled me, use this one, that is man wearing a yarmulke sticking his tongue out at me”.
- }-E = “If you’ve knocked over my menorah, use this.”
Also, I think that Stephen looked amazing this year at the Emmys, as he always does, but it was cute to hear Joan Rivers on the Atone Phone nonetheless. I always love to see what random Jewish people are going to show up for the line.
What did all of you think of the episode tonight? Leave it in the comments! And don’t forget to vote in the poll – it’s easy, and it’s free!
- This man is so electrifying, he may have a car battery attached to his nipple.
- In New York voters picked the angry Carl Paladino. In Delaware they chose the furious Christine O’Donnell, and in New Hampshire, they elected a raging tire fire.
- Yes, a very specific group. Black people weren’t supposed to get it.
- That’s right, folks, he’s taking advantage of America’s wave of Grover Cleveland fever. G-Cleve, two non-consecutive terms. Paladino will bring back the bedrock conservative principles of 1885 — horse bonnets and punching the Irish.
- It’s true – O’Donnell might serve out her whole term.
- Masturbation is adultery. I know this is horrible news for my home audience, many of whom are committing adultery as we speak.
- Oh, hand, you’ve made me the happiest man in the world.
- Let’s begin our Christine O’Donnell sanctioned life together. I will love you forever. Hello, stranger. I have to work late tonight.
- Folks, folks, I am blowing the shofar because last wednesday was Rosh Hashanah. The Jewish new year, which you already know if you were in Times Square to watch the annual foreskin drop.
- “Clash of the Titans 3-D” is presented at Mo’s Plex exclusively in Mo’s flat scope 2D. Remember, if they have it at Netflix, we can get it at Mo’s.
- Joan Rivers: Stephen, you are man of substance. You want me to judge you on your looks?
Stephen Colbert: Well yeah!
- Up to that point for years had you suspected you were a genius? Did this come as a verification?
- You know what we have in America? Razors and combs.
- So there wasn’t that rich smell of urine in the back of your pedi cab?