EPISODE NUMBER: 6115 (September 14, 2010)
GUESTS: Sean Wilentz
SEGMENTS: PETA Criticizes Joe Biden, The Word – Mutually Assured Coercion, Luther Campbell Opposes Ground Zero Mosque
VIDEOS: Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Stephen’s reaction to veggie hot dogs is quite understandable. Turnip Taint? No thank you! I’ve never seen the movie Dr. Strangelove, so I got a bit lost at the end of the Word. But it’s a movie I’ve been intending to see forever, so I went ahead and added it to my Netflix queue today.
Any reference to coochie popping is going to have me snickering. Because I’m 12. But oh, I do miss my booty music. I love seeing writers on the show who are truly passionate about their subjects, and it’s obvious that Sean Wilentz has much love for the music of Bob Dylan. Luckily for those who want to heed the advice of Sean Wilentz, you can go onto YouTube to hear a live redition of Chimes of Freedom by Bob Dylan.
What did all of you think of the show tonight?
- I stand by my friends, except Helen Thomas (I’m so sorry!).
- We should call you the People for the Unamerican Treatment of Animals or PUTA because you are, and I think our Hispanic soldiers would agree with me.
- Which is it, PETA, delicious food or vegan food? It can’t be both.
- Veggie dogs? Do you know what goes into a veggie dog? All the parts of vegetables no one wants, the lettuce hoofs, the turnup taints, the soy anus.
- Ground Zero is a sacred site. How dare they build a house of worship there.
- Gates warned Jones that burning the Koran would endanger American troops, and no American wants to put our soldiers in harm’s way. [Except By Feeding Them Hot Dogs]
- Sean Hannity is so terrified, he bought a thesaurus.
- [As Dr. Strangelove] Then as far as the Muslims know, 1,000 Korans will have exploded because their actions caused it, therefore according to the Koran, the jihadists will have to attack themselves. It will work!
- Nation, as I was saying to all of you before the break, many of my conservative brethren have come out against the proposed Islamic community center, or as it’s become known, the Al Qaeda victory center and Bin Laden Fun-Plex.
- He says the ground zero mosque idea stinks. That means something coming from the man who sang “Face Down, Ass Up” and “Doo Doo Brown”.
- I’m sure Luther would be find with mosque developer Imam Rauf being as nasty as he want to be, if he did it in a tolerant way, by releasing his sermons as a double album filled with references to to coochie popping.
- Oh, I’m sure. No one’s father.
- We hear him and we go, eh, you know, he’s no Britney. Can he pop that coochie? I don’t think he can.
- When we see Bob Dylan, is that really Bob Dylan, or is that like the character of Bob Dylan playing Bob Dylan?
- Is that the Traveling Wilburys?