EPISODE NUMBER: 6112 (September 8, 2010)
GUESTS: Vice President Joe Biden, Gen. Raymond Odierno, Yogi Berra
SEGMENTS: Joe Biden serves hot dogs to the troops, The WORD – Over And Out
VIDEOS: Wednesday, September 8, 2010
Wow. Just wow. Who knew that honoring our brave men and women of the armed forces could be so fun! The tank intro was super awesome (“Jay Leno doesn’t have one of these!”) – how fun must it have been to be able to ride in a tank! And the “Been There Won That” opening featuring the troops was getting me all verklempt until Stephen showed up wrapped in a flag in the soldier’s sunglasses, in which I almost spit out my oatmeal onto my keyboard. And “Army of Won” is a fantastic new intro word for these special shows.
Stephen spared no expense in treating the troops. From cold American beer, to real grass, to hot dogs served by Joe Biden, to the Toto Washlet, Stephen though of everything to make sure that those troops who risked their asses for us had the best … for their asses. I loved the music and feel of the “Price Is Right” themed toilet treat. When Bullet said “Premature Evacuation”, did anyone else think of Jane Fonda?
I really liked the interview with General Odierno, especially the part where Stephen got to keep his hair at the end. I was also very touched at Joe Biden’s message of how to honor the troops. The whole show was just amazing and fantastic and wonderful, and was a most excellent tribute to our armed forces.
So what did you think of the show? Go out and hug a soldier today, then come back and leave a message in the comments!
- And if you can tell the difference, you’re the President of the United States.
- I’m going to trust you folks won’t give away my position. It’s missionary.
- In Baghdad the only way you can feel something that plush and tickly was to run your toes through Saddam’s mustache. He will be missed.
- The Toto Washlet. You’ll feel like an angel flew up your butt.
- Now, it’s easy to say the iraq war is over, but actually ending it might take a little longer. What do you think, 50,000 troops still in Iraq?
- Because let’s face it, it has been over, over and over. [Operation Groundhog Day]
- Then it was over when we pulled Saddam out of his spider hole [His Spider-Sense Never Even Tingled], only to be over again in 2005 when Iraqis proudly displayed their purple fingers, proving they had voted, or that they had just done something terrible to the Grimace.
- In fact, you’ve won this war so many time, that if there was an award for the number of times you’ve won, you’d win that, too. [Unless "The Daily Show" Did]
- By the way, Wolf Blitzer, stay away from that boy. [He's Got A Restraining Order]
- My hope is that we can turn the entire country into a Disneyland. All of those out-of-work Saddam doubles would make great Captain Hooks.
- How does a man with your strength and stature say “Nanny Nanny Boo Boo”?
- You look fantastic!
- I hope I didn’t startle you with my heroics.