EPISODE NUMBER: 6111 (September 7, 2010)
GUESTS: Anthony Romero
SEGMENTS: Geese Witherspoon, Better Know a District – Mike Castle (Encore),
VIDEOS: Tuesday, September 7, 2010
Yay for a new episode of the ‘Colbert Report’! As long as it stars Stephen, I have no problem watching “The Col – Breaking Bad Mad Temple Grand Men Glee-bert Re-Modern Family-port with Jon Stewart”. It was so exciting to see Stephen use the back door of his studio again – I haven’t seen it used since Cookie Monster, I believe. I know there were a lot of people wondering how Stephen was going to handle the “Restoring Truthiness” movement, and I think that Stephen handled it wonderfully. While I think it’s great that so many Colbert fans have rallied to the cause of getting Stephen to speak, and gotten the word out that the Colbert Nation is as passionate and strong as ever, it just feels … I don’t know, awkward I guess, to tell Stephen what to do. The proper order of things is that Stephen tells *us* what to do, you know? Upsetting that dynamic just feels ooky to me.
I had forgotten how amazingly funny the Mike Castle interview was. Seeing as how the majority of the discussion was about chickens and chicken marriage, I think that Castle handled himself wonderfully. The interview was really abrasive to me. Anthony Romero seemed to be trying so very hard to bring the funny to the interview. Although I really liked the line about the pope’s Prada shoes, it was funnier the first time I heard it.
Man, I cannot WAIT for the rest of the week! Great guests – Joe Biden! John Legend! Great celebration of our troops! And no telling what kind of special treats Stephen is going to share with us, and with the audience. Bring on the “Been There, Won That: The Returnification of the American-Do Troopscape!”
- Don’t worry, folks, we’ll win it next year when I change the name of my show to “The Col – Breaking Bad Mad Temple Grand Men Glee-bert Re-Modern Family-port with Jon Stewart”.
- A three-hour rally. Still less strenuous than his normal Saturday routine, watching “Yo Gabba Gabba” for Nazi symbolism.
- God’s flyover followed by a 21-gun salute when they realized those were Canadian geese illegally crossing our border. No anchor goslings! No anchor goslings! No anchor goslings! All right, it’s not that easy to chant.
- Rosh Hashanah – it sounds like Miley Cyrus’ Jewish alter ego. [Hi, Allison!]
- Hey, that’s the back doorbell. I wonder who is there? Ladies and gentlemen, it’s my prophetic goose, Geese Witherspoon.
- Sorry about your break up with Flyin’ Phillipe and Drake Gull-enhall.
- What’s that? Well, I think you’re cute, too.
- Jon Stewart made an announcement that he may in the future make an important announcement. Well,l will not be out-announced.
- And whatever I’m announcing, it will be b-y-o-g — bring you own geese.
- This is like interviewing a panda.
- So you are going to cock block Deleware?
- I would strongly recommend you rethink your marriage with the chicken.
- Let’s kill two birds with one stone. Close guantanamo and move them all into the ground zero mosque. Because my understanding is that thing is full of terrorists anyway.
- They feel scary. You’ll admit that. They have beards. They don’t wear belts often.