EPISODE NUMBER: 6110 (August 26, 2010)
GUESTS: Richard Engel
SEGMENTS: Fox News Job Opening, Glenn-Livid, You Mosque Be Kidding
VIDEOS: Thursday, August 26, 2010
Oh, this show made me just giggle. That’s always a good thing. The picture of Stephen as “crazy” Mary Todd Lincoln was just so amazingly silly. It was awesome. The clips department definitely needs to be lauded for their excellent clip collection putting together Glenn Beck’s comparison of himself to Jesus, Martin Luthor King, Ghandi and Howard Beale, and tip of the hat to whichever writer came up with the line about the Mighty Morphin’ Power Martyr.
The pile of New York Posts that Stephen brought out to show the hypocrisy of the New York Post was another brilliant use of props. The mosque segment reminded me again that I really need to watch “The Big Lebowski” – it’s been in my Netflix quie for months. And I very much enjoyed the interview of Stephen with Richard Engel. I immediately noticed that he was wearing his sneakers from the New York Knicks audition. Wonder what that was all about?
Please take the time today to jump in the comments and leave a comment about your thoughts of the episode! I look forward to hearing from all of you!
- Now, according to Garrett, he is leaving Fox News for the national journal because he wants to talk less and think more. So if you’re an unemployed reporter who likes to talk but does not like to think, Fox News is hiring.
- I feel like a giddy school girl on Christmas Eve the night before I marry Santa.
- Thanks to Glenn, some beautiful eight-year-old will grow up to be a hatchet-wielding toothless slave owner.
- 8/28 Is also the birthday of Jason Priestley. You don’t see his panties in a bunch. Though I wouldn’t mind.
- That is totally different. In the same way I may plan to grow a chin-strap beard, marry a girl and go to the Ford theater to get shot in the head, but not like Lincoln, several rows down.
- Oh, my God, Glenn’s chalkboard is going to kill him!
- Glenn’s not just a talk show host, he’s the Mighty Morphin’ Power Martyr!
- Soon Glenn will be appearing many America’s grilled cheese sandwiches instead of the current arrangement where grilled cheese sandwiches appear inside Glenn. The day of reckoning is upon us, but I am ready, Glenn. Tell me what to do. I will drink the Kool-aid. My Nikes are all laced up. I’m ready to follow you on to your silver freedom spaceship that runs on human tears. I am sure, I am confident that you are about to give the most inspiring, miraculous world-changing speech in human history.
- Glenn Beck: Two plus Two equals Four! Oh, well in that case I’m going to the Emmys.
- The plan is working, your majesty. Yes, oh, yes. Sorry, just another moment, this feels good. Spiders on a mirror …
- Yes, criminal trespissing.
- So if the combat troops are gone, what troops are left, like improv troops?