Because Stephen Colbert is a man of his word: Sí, se puedewich!

Let it never be said that Stephen Colbert isn’t a man of his word. He said he’d be farm worker as part of the “Take Our Jobs” campaign, and he’s not one to go back on that promise.

From the UFW’s website today:

PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE

Folks, today I’m in a corn field in New York State with Stephen Colbert, who as part of the “Take Our Jobs” campaign is fulfilling his promise to spend a day working in the fields to learn first hand what it’s like to take a job other Americans don’t want. …

Read the full message at the UFW’s site here

Watch Stephen making his pledge to UFW President Arturo Rodriguez here:

Comments

1. friedthing says:

Yay!! I was JUST wondering about this this morning! Can’t wait for some footage! :D

Yes! This and the special episodes honoring the troops make me truly excited for the next couple weeks of shows…y’know, more so than usual. :)

Wow! That’s really awesome! :D

4. Gratefull says:

Thanks, Ms, it will be great to see where Stephen/ TCR Crew take this. Can’t wait, I am on the edge of my garden bench.

5. I was wondering about this also because I had thought Stephen would be working in the fields back during his July break. But here it is! Can’t wait to see the film of him fulfilling that pledge. Good for him.

And corn…mmmmmm

6. I had no doubts. Of course Stephen would do it. I would imagine a lot of other people will too, as a result, but I doubt it will last. Those jobs really do suck. I mean we have 9% unemployment in the country and only three people wanted to take a paying job? Yeah.

7. TruthPower says:

I wonder where he is going to go,

• Karenatasha says:

To do his farm work? I think the information said upstate New York.

• TruthPower says:

Where was that? I thought I read that somewhere, but I can’t find it now.

He needs to come to Monroe Michigan. We have plenty of farms.

Non related note: Someone who works at my grocery store bought an Americone Dream ice creme s few days ago. Not a hero though. Had no clue who Colbert is. I’ve only seen about 3 people buy that now. I’ve been working there for 2 years and monitoring that ice creme and making note of stuff like that. Does that sound silly or is it just a Colbert Nation hero thing?

I thought that info was on the link here. Am I wrong? I know I saw it somewhere… Hmmmm.