EPISODE NUMBER: 6103 (August 16, 2010)
GUESTS: John Fetterman
SEGMENTS: Growing Intelligence Community – Richard Clarke, Invasion of the Country Snatchers
VIDEOS: Monday, August 16, 2010
Between the Clapper, the Little Ceasars mention, and the Jiffy Pop reference, I felt like the show was written circa 1986. And I loved it. Yay for obscure pop advertising references! Also, I probably should have eaten breakfast before I did the guide, because when God showed up on a grilled cheese sandwich, all I could think of was “Mmmm … grilled cheese sandwich!” And Stephen making the little bomb motions and noise? Adorkable. He was struggling so hard to make it though the bit without a character break, but we did get a few of those gorgeous smiles of his. Any appearance by Barry the Barista (played by Barry Julien) is always a good thing in my book, although I do miss Frank, the barista of the Starbucks on the other side of his desk. Oh, and terrorism is bad, m’kay? Sometimes I get so swept up by the adorkability quotient of the episode that I forget that Stephen makes an actual serious and valid point. Which in this case was the fact that there is way, way too much of a clusterfark going on in the US security branches.
Los Homosexuals! That’s just silly. Adored the “meat in a big gay sandwich” line. I also found the interview with John Fetterman to be very inspiring. He’s really going out there and making a difference to one, small town. It makes me feel like a bit of an underachiever. But it’s amazing how much work he’s managed to get done in such a small time.
What did all of you think of tonight’s episode?
- You know what, I’ve been wrong, and I owe the president an apology. You’re not a secret Muslim.
- And by God we mean this guy [Jesus], not this guy [Photo Not Available].
- The point, is folks, yes, technically, technically muslims have constitutional rights, but since 9/11, we gave up a ton of our constitutional rights, search and seizure, trial by jury, habeas corpus. I don’t even know what that last one means. I think it’s the Little Caesar’s mascot. Pan, Pan.
- That means god’s a spy. That’s why he always undercover as a burning bush or a grilled cheese sandwich.
- You see, if our enemies infiltrate our spy networks, they, like us, will have no f**king idea what is going on.
- I am calling on congress to make our intelligence system even larger with a new agency to monitor our existing agencies. The national central homeland surveillance bureau of intelligence agencies agency. The NCHSBIAA or “Enchsbia-a”, whose great seal features an eagle looking up its own ass.
- 10,000 locations – that’s almost as many as Starbucks.
- This land has not seen this big a foreign invasion since the Mayflower.
- If we ban gay marriage, but it’s legal in Mexico, they’ll realize that what they want is south of the border, and in Mexico.
- Note to viewers, do not Google the term Gay Drain.
- Gay marriage is also legal in Canada. Which makes America the straight meat in a big gay sandwich. Which I believe technically is called a fluffer nutter.
- John Fetterman: Fortunately we’ve gone 27 months now without losing anybody.
Stephen: I can’t say that for this studio.