EPISODE NUMBER: 6096 (August 2, 2010)
GUESTS: Jimmy Cliff
SEGMENTS: Stephen Colbert’s Sport Report, Alpha Dog of the Week
VIDEOS: Monday, August 2, 2010
I’m so proud of Stephen for making it all the way through the Stephen’s Gay segment without a major character break, because it was pretty obvious that he was just teetering there for a few moments. I suppose the fandom should brace itself for a new wave of fanfic. *shudder* The image of the London Olympics mascots as inbred royals was just so very wrong. But not as wrong as Stephen catching “Olympic Fever” from Bob Costas. And I have no doubt that many of you saw that picture of Bob Costas and thought to yourself “I bumped my lip on a biscuit!”
I kinda want to go up to Alpha Dog of the Week David H. Brooks and kick him in the shins. I also enjoyed the interview with Jimmy Cliff as well as his music. I like it when Stephen actually interviews a guest as Stephen, because it’s always so genuine and fun.
What did all of you think of last night’s episode?
Also, for your listening pleasure, here’s the web exclusive video of Jimmy Cliff’s “One More”.
- The gay agenda has struck again. They are fierce.
- I believe they’re graded on a scale of failing to Bravo.
- Come on, GLAAD! How many episodes of CSI Miami where homosidal maniacs are driven to kill because they’re hermaphrodites is it going to take to satisfy you?
- Congratulations Shatner, once again you’ll be working with George Takai.
- Evidently my show is not singled out for intolerance, which can only mean someone on my staff is gay.
- But if they’re not, that leaves only me. Nooooo! I can’t be gay. I’m a happily married conservative just like Ted Hagerty and Larry Craig and I do such masculine things like drink beer – Bud Light Lime, the manliest fruit-flavored diet lager on the market. Mmm, mmm, mmm … That tastes nothing like a dude. Not that I know.
- So I guess I’ll just shave my chest and hit the stair master because I want the look my best on the cover of “People” magazine.
- Why did I share that drink with Bob Costas? He claimed he got it from the moose.
- The Olympic park is being built on a vast dumping ground laced with radioactive soil, or as they call it in England, breakfast.
- The soil at the site is also contaminated with oil, petrol, tar, cyanide, arsenic and lead, which gives the Chinese team an unfair advantage. Because they train in those conditions all year round.
- They’re mutants. Or the royal family’s been inbreeding again. Next up … oh, we have royal fans in the audience tonight. My apologies, guvnor.
- Barcelona should be used to horrors. Their streets are already running red with sangria vomited by thousands of American backpackers.
- I’ll say it again, folks, Barcelona is just the San Francisco of Spain with a bunch of liberal elites talking down to the rest of Spain with their smug Spanish lisp.
- Which makes it a patriotic duty to salute his crotch.
- Although I seriously doubt his son will see anything more pornographic than his father f@#king over our troops to buy a facelift for his mother.
- And it’s perfect for a bat mitzvah, because nothing turns a girl into a woman faster than leaving her alone with Steven Tyler. That’s a good-looking lady.
- That means he must have been doing something to his horses that is so unspeakable that the only reason they haven’t gone to the authorities is that their memories have been chemically erased.
- I think it’s the perfect music for like a corporate retreat. You know, put on Bob Marley’s “Uprising” and motivate your team to uprise against the competition.
- You were giving me the benefit of the doubt that I possibly had a Jamaican accent.