Daily Show Toss Recap – Week of July 26, 2010

Before we go, let’s check in with our good friend Stephen Colbert of The Colbert Report…

Greetings, Zoners! All right, now, admit it: you just KNEW there was going to be a Toss this week, right? And you just KNEW it was going to be all about Jon’s beard, right? Certainly we as a Nation had to know where Stephen stands on the whole issue of Jon’s beard, and last night we finally heard him weigh in. Let’s watch:

Daily/Colbert – Jon’s Beard: There are a lot of people saying pretty cruel things about Jon’s beard, but Stephen thinks it’s great.

Okay, Zoners – which is your favorite reference to Jon’s beard in this clip? I’m partial to the Jewish Kenny Rogers tribute band reference myself. Granted, Jon’s “talking vagina” line made Stephen do a head-desk and that’s adorable, but the Kenny Rogers line made me laugh harder. Great to see a Toss again!

PS: What’s up with Stephen’s hair in this clip? That’s some serious loft.

Comments

1. The serious loft of Colbert’s hair makes me think that the chin and hair were just some type of bet lost to coco or a tribute of some sort. The Colbert hair is very Conan-esque.

2. What a great toss with both of them breaking and Stephen putting his head on the desk then tearing up the paper as if to say “Who needs these after that ad-lib?”

I loved Stephen’s fluffy hair. They probably hadn’t put on enough gel yet when they filmed the toss.

I’m gonna go on record and say that this is one of the most adorkable Tosses ever! The “Jewish Kenny Rogers Tribute Band” beard reference had me laughing the hardest, although that’s not really saying much, since they were all hilarious. And I loved the headdesk! Plus, Stephen’s hair looked fantastic. :)

What more can you say? The best, the very best, the funniest toss ever, I think! And that’s saying a lot. I think there’s a little bit more of the two of them laughing and saying goodbye if you actually view it at the end of the full episode.

Fantastic Toss! I loved all the beard jokes (Jewish Kenny Rogers has to be my favorite) and Stephen’s hair was so floppy! And they both broke character!! :D Sigh…it’s been a long time since we had a Toss, nice to see one again. :)

6. I have to admit, the talking vagina comment had me in hysterics. Poor, poor Jon. :P Brilliant Toss, and I am intrigued by the theory that perhaps there’s a Conan reference/tribute in there somewhere – Stephen’s hair does very much remind me of Conan’s in that clip.

7. Arkadina says:

More tosses! I want more tosses! Why don’t they do more tosses?!

This one was a classic.

8. Fantastic Toss, with both of them losing it. Stephen’s grin before the face-plant was the icing on the cake.
    Jewish Kenny Rogers tribute band FTW!

9. friedthing says:

Stephen blowing a kiss at the end is also pretty great. I could watch that plenty :).

Difference makers: Thumb up +8

10. Caoilfhiann says:

I can’t help wondering if they did the toss because so many fans wanted Stephen’s take on the beard. I, too, liked the Kenny Rogers bit, but talking vagina is almost the same thing I think of when I see a van Dyke beard. I absolutely hate them. Also, I’m glad they got Stephen’s hair under control before the Report. It seemed to have taken on a life of its own for the toss.