‘Colbert Report’ named for multiple 2010 Emmy nominations

Fans of The Colbert Report find continued reasons to be happy this morning as the nominations for the 2010 Emmys are announced. From the 2010 Emmy nomination list:

Outstanding Directing For A Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
The Colbert Report • #5076 (in Iraq) • Comedy Central • Hello Doggie, Inc. with Busboy Productions and Spartina Productions
James Hoskinson, Director

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart • Episode #15054 • Comedy Central • Central Productions, LLC
Chuck O’Neil, Director

Late Show With David Letterman • Show #3289 • CBS • Worldwide Pants Inc.
Jerry Foley, Director

Saturday Night Live • Host: Betty White • NBC • SNL Studios in association with NBC Studios and Broadway Video
Don Roy King, Director

The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien • #146 • NBC • Conaco & NBC Universal
Allan Kartun, Director

Outstanding Variety, Music Or Comedy Series
The Colbert Report • Comedy Central • Hello Doggie, Inc. with Busboy Productions and Spartina Productions

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart • Comedy Central • Central Productions, LLC

Real Time With Bill Maher • HBO • Bill Maher Productions and Brad Grey Television in association with HBO Entertainment

Saturday Night Live • NBC • SNL Studios in association with NBC Studios and Broadway Video

The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien • NBC • Conaco & NBC Universal

Frank Lesser, Writer
Glenn Eichler, Writer
Peter Grosz, Writer
Meredith Scardino, Writer
Max Werner, Writer
Eric Drysdale, Writer

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart • Episode #15040 • Comedy Central • Central Productions, LLC
Steve Bodow, Head Writer
Sam Means, Writer
Jo Miller, Writer
John Oliver, Writer
Daniel Radosh, Writer
Jason Ross, Writer
Jon Stewart, Writer

Real Time With Bill Maher • 721- With Rachel Maddow, Niall Ferguson, Joe Queenan And Michael Ware • HBO • Bill Maher Productions and Brad Grey
Television in association with HBO Entertainment

Brian McCann, Writer
Guy Nicolucci, Writer
Matt O’Brien, Writer
Andy Richter, Writer
Brian Stack, Writer
Andrew Weinberg, Writer

Congratulations, nominees, and good luck at the August ceremony!

Comments

1. leorabk says:

yay happy day!!! i hope they take home this year!

2. Oooh, Stephen in Iraq vs Jon’s epic Glenn Beck smackdown! Best of luck to both shows!

• Gratefull says:

Ya, but why can’t they both WIN! *shakes fist at the sky*

• Karenatasha says:

Well, strictly speaking, they COULD both win. Ties are allowed. It’s just that in reality it almost never happens. But wouldn’t that be awesome?

3. This is so great. I really hope they take home the Emmy gold this year. Stephen and TCR deserve it so much for the Iraq shows. The one I’m concerned about is Conan’s nomination for the Tonight Show. I like Conan, but I hope the Emmy voters don’t give it to him just because they feel bad how NBC treated him. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for Stephen and TCR on Aug. 29th.

• Karenatasha says:

You said exactly what I was thinking! I’m hoping that won’t be the case, though, because I don’t think Conan deserves it more than either Stephen or Jon–no matter how badly he was treated.

Jon also has additional nominations for something done solely for the web, as well as for a special “short segment.”

I also hope Jon and Stephen present together again–preferably with Steve Carrell. Last night whetted my taste for more of that threesome!

• I had the same thoughts myself. I think (and hope) that the nomination of Conan is enough to send the message to NBC (not that they will get it!). The Report definitely deserves the win!

YES! It’s an understatement to say that I hope they win this year. I was actually talking with a couple of friends of mine last night about whether or not TCR would win an Emmy this year (which, by the way, was a fantastic conversation that started with the Emmys and how amazing both TDS and TCR are and ended with us watching the WHCD on youtube), and I said that it just had to happen. Fingers crossed! Here’s hoping Jon and Stephen present this year, too.

Also, how awesome is it that Team Coco got nominated for The Tonight Show! Suck on that, Leno! :P

5. Between this and Chris Colfer’s nomination, I’m over the moon. The Emmys should be great this year.

6. I am very happy that Stephen and his co-workers were nominated again. Let’s hope that the Emmy people come to their senses and realize how overdue they really are.

Hoping for a win!

Yay! Very glad to hear that the shows gotten so many Emmy nominations! I certainly hope they win this year! :D :D

8. jentaps says:

Emmy, please! Best of luck to Stephen and the gang in each of these categories. Please, oh, please, I hope they win.

9. TCR definitely deserves it! Good luck!

10. mrtigger001 says:

Hmmm… any idea which episode Conan submitted for The Tonight Show? “Episode #146″ means nothing to me.

I had to look it up, and I believe it was the final episode, actually – with Tom Hanks and Conan playing guitar with Will Ferrell. I watched the finale, and that ep totally deserves the nomination, but I still hope TCR gets the win. I guess that would put me in the “I love you Conan, but Stephen deserves it more” category.

11. DJ Jazzy Flax says:

Or they could give it to SNL because of the Betty White high everyone’s on right now. Hope not though.

12. EvilDevil says:

This is it! This time they are taking the Emmy and no one can stop them!… wait, whats this? Betty White?!

WHIIIIIIIITE!!!!!

13. Stephen deserves it for the Iraq shows but the Emmy voters probably have a short term memory. Iraq was a year ago and Betty White on SNL just happened. (fingers crossed for TCR!)

Also, and I hate to admit it but there is a tiny part of me that would love to see Conan win. If Stephen and the crew don’t win for their categories, I hope Conan wins. Jon and crew have enough Emmys, for God’s sake. :-D

So to sum up, 98% of me is rooting for The Report, 2% for Conan. How great is it that he got the nod and Leno didn’t? :-D

• Karenatasha says:

Well, I hope the tapes will remind the Emmy voters of the Iraq shows, but I also have to say that while I understand why the nominating process is the way it is, I don’t like it. Obviously, almost no one will have watched every episode of every show, so one must be chosen. But SNL generally sucks, so the fact that they had one good episode out of every 10 shouldn’t earn them a win when CR is extremely consistent in quality. And, frankly, while Betty was fantastic, her amazing comic timing saved some pretty mediocre writing.

14. Congrats guys, well deserved noms!!