EPISODE NUMBER: 6081 (June 22, 2010)
GUESTS: Gloria Steinem
SEGMENTS: Stanley McChrystal Talks To Rolling Stone, Fallback Position – Astronaut Pt. 2, USA Board of Ophthalmological Freedom
VIDEOS: Tuesday, June 22, 2010
There’s just something endearing about watching “Stephen” geek out over the cassette bootlegs from Stanley McChrystal. Man, did that general screw up. But I have to be honest, the part I was looking forward to was Part II of the Fallback Position – Astronaut position. Man, Stephen can still take a prat fall with the best of them! It was so cute watching the trainer smile and say “Let’s try that again!” I love spiders and keep tarantulas as pets, and even I shudder a bit at the thought of space spiders. Stephen just seems like a kid in a candy store. And oooh, we’re getting Part III! Whoo! Bring it on, boys!
There’s something terribly amusing about Stephen playing doctor Ophthalmologist. And poor Intern Jay and the glaucoma test! And poor Professor Buttons! So cute! So dangerous!
There are very few guests who have the quick wit and cool head during interviews as Gloria Steinem. She brought it home with the comment about men being caretakers in the home. I want to be Gloria Steinem when I grow up.
I always get extra jazzed when there’s a Zoner in the audience last night, and I know for a fact there were two, so I can’t wait to hear their taping report, as well as all of your comments about the show!
- I’m a big fan of The Rolling Stone. It has been an American cultural institution ever since they started putting me on the cover. Four years of excellence – keep it up, guys.
- I am not surprised we’re having trouble in Afghanistan if this is what we’re using for camouflage, okay?
- Maybe Biden should bite him? Someplace tender – let’s win this thing!
- Now, I’m a long time fan of McChrystal’s methods. We fans like to be called McChrystal Meth Heads.
- What’s next, a duets album with Rod Stewart? [Stewart & McChrystal - Songs from the Heart of Kabul] Of course, I’ll buy it.
- Thank God Devo left that jumpsuit behind.
- You had space spiders? *shudder*
- You seem like a nice enough guy, but last time I had a man put me in harness, I had a safe word. So let’s go with “pumpkin patch”.
- Is there this much plywood in space?
- Really? It’s a strap-on? All right, that’s cool, I’m down with that. I actually have to be harnessed into my treadmill on earth, too. I hate running.
- You know, it might feel more like I was in space if there wasn’t a guy in a Hawaiian shirt wearing nurse booties behind me.
- Did they want to name it Karl? Because then it could be the Karl Rover.
- The board meets annually on Thanksgiving. Last year they unanimously approved a motion to pass the yams.
- Was that uncomfortable? Then you have glaucoma – you’re going to want to smoke a lot of weed.
- I was just testing you, Jay, your eyes are not gay.
- I’m sorry, Jay, that cat told me he was certified.
- I’m a feminist. I’m effeminish.
- I don’t feel that way either, but it sure feels that way if you look at the press right now.
- I think my fallback position is nanny.