URGENT FANGIRL BULLETIN – Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert join Conan O’Brien at New York show

EDIT: [12:39a EST]

VIDEO!! ‘Nuff said!

Okay, not enough said – I love it when Jon starts talking, and someone in the audience yells “F**K YEAH!” Because that’s kinda how we’re all feeling about now. Seriously, how am I supposed to sleep tonight?! Wasn’t there some new show on or something?! I gotta do an ep guide in six hours!!

One more thing: Change the resolution to 480p and go fullscreen. You won’t be disappointed.

(huge red-headed hat tip to Venus at ConanChristopherOBrien.com)

EDIT: [11:58p EST]

More news about the event, courtesy of a tweet from Zoner @notgoth007:

Twitter capture

Hot off of Twitter, we’re getting reports that Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart were challenged by Conan O’Brien during Conan’s “Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television” show at Radio City Music Hall tonight (Tuesday, June 1, 2010). According to about a bajillion Twitterers (including our very own AnnG and Zoner notgoth007), Stephen Colbert joined Conan O’Brien on stage as a surprise guest. Once the dance off to “Pour Some Sugar On Me” began between Stephen and Conan, they were joined by Jon Stewart dressed as what can only be described as a Mexican Waiter outfit.

We will continue to blog as much about this story as news develops.

Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Conan O'Brien in Dance Off

It's blurry, but I promise, it's them (courtesy of Twitter user @CoryCole)

Comments

1. OMFG!!!!!

I am SEETHING with envy right now! I hope we see footage! alskdfjalsfjasdjf

2. Wow. Just wow. I’ve got to imagine there were some serious dance moves on display :D Sounds like a ball for everyone there, especially the boys!

• We’ll definitely be hearing from AnnG when she gets back from the festivities – cannot WAIT!!

3. Laaaura says:

omfg. Amazing!!

4. Gratefull says:

That is really fantastic! Wonderful!! Friendship and respect and all things good! YAAAAA good for Stephen and Jon and Conan!! YYAAAA warms the heart!

5. someone posted a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iAuPmFkuY

6. captnbunny says:

omg I cannot handle this.

7. mrtigger001 says:

That. Was. Awesome!

8. OH…MY…GOSH

It is so obvious that Jon and Stephen love each other.
    “Stephen Colbert, don’t you know I feel what you feel?”
    I love them.

This is like the best thing in the history of everything.

#TeamCoco
    #TeamJonandStephen

“This is like the best thing in the history of everything.”

I second that!

9. “Jon, before you go..”
    “yes”
    “Can I have 11 o’clock?”

Genius

• wildlymissingthemark says:

What a great closing line, leave it to Stephen.

• That was awesome!

• Amazing and hilarious video–they are all wonderful. So glad to see it! And Stephen with the twirl again – even on “one leg”. So great to see their support for each other and their friendship.

10. nerdygirl says:

WIN.

“…can I have eleven o’clock?”

This made my night!! Thank you for posting the video here so speedily, NFZ army of fangirls!! :D There is just so much awesome in this video, just what I needed after a two week break! Thank you! :D :D :D

12. I know I should be happy that I got to see Conan on the first date of this tour – and I am! – but I am so, so jealous of this! haha. I’d give almost anything to see the three of them together. I’ve seen them all separately, but… not the same ;)

13. wildlymissingthemark says:

Terrific! Thanks boys for perfect hilarity. Jon’s “costume” was too funny for a tough guy from NJ.

14. friedthing says:

Oh my god, I needed that. Pure awesome! It’s adorable how they’re clutching onto each other, hehe :). And go Stephen for attempting the “over the log”! Those aren’t easy!

15. Great cameo or the GREATEST cameo? I vote for the latter!

I cried laughing!!! I love them so!

Oh. My. God.
    This is amazing! I cried I was laughing so hard!
    And after all that HI-larious dancing, that “…can I have eleven o’clock?” line was genius. This video makes me so happy. :D

17. I…think I just fell pregnant just from watching that video. Awesome clip, or AWESOMEST clip?

18. Okay it took me 29 minutes to stop giggling/snorting/snickering/laughing at this. I am oxygen deprived, lower half of my face aches, and no I don’t think I’ll be able to stand up anytime soon. On the plus side I ought to be able to sleep soundly tonight as I’m now utterly spent from my reaction to this. Clearly I’ve needed to laugh this hard & long for quite some time.

I hereby nominate this video as the American version of the World’s Funniest & Most Lethal Joke a la Monty Python’s Flying Circus sketch.

Video needs to come with a surgeon general’s warning. Very narrowly escaped with my life. And I’m not that big a Stephen/Jon/Conan fangirl. I can only imagine what it’s doing to all y’all when you watch it (I guess you’ll need to smoke em if you got em).

19. its way too late for me to wait to be coherant so ill just say this:
    OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD GKJDHZGASLH;DSGHNDKFLJHFLHJLDJ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH OH MY GOD
    I WANT TO LICK ALL OF THEM

20. Jasmine says:

this has saved me from all the potential yelling from my editors tomorrow.

*swoons*

21. WOW. What a wave of emotions I’ve gone through since first innocently clicking on the Z icon of my toolbar, which is always one of the last things I do before bed, till now. I mean, you know it’s gonna be good when something starts with: URGENT FANGIRL BULLETIN. Words cannot describe how full of complete win that video was. I can’t wait to show my sisters (if it wasn’t 1:00 am I would call them right now!) Now I’m too hyper to sleep…. :)

I just saw on YouTube that Paul Rudd and Vampire Weekend were at the show as well. For the millionth time, I wish I lived in New York City.

23. Here’s another shot that went all the way to the end of Jon and Stephen’s skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-Ms0u5CfPY

24. GUUUUUUUUUUYS, there’s 2 more clips!
    First one’s shaky as hell, they both start a fair way in, but have a bit extra at the end where Stephen drags Jon offstage, plus there’s a blurry Conan/Jon kiss.

25. just one more vid… a longer (albeit low quality and jumpy) version… conan and stephen got too close in this one… lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfShmyuoyZs

26. jbirdNZ says:

That was FANGIRLASMIC!

27. That was AWESOME!!!
    That’s one of those things that you wish you could be there to see… it almost sounds like a once in a lifetime event, and I’m all the way in cali! And when Conan started doing that dance with Stephen, I just started cracking up so hard, the whole video from beginning to end was just fantastic!

28. Oh my God. What a great thing to wake up to.
    I wish I could say something clever but “frikkin’ awesome” is all that comes to mind.

Thanks so much for sharing.

29. magdalena says:

What a lovely way to start the day! *does the Colbert-spin in excitement*

30. DrMeowMix says:

Ok, if anyone hears anything about dolphins beaching themselves along the MidAtlantic this morning, sorry, my bad. They were mislead by my high pitched squees of fangirl joy.

A. MAZ. ING. Thank you!

31. ZOMG!

Yes, I’m finally home from work, where YouTube isn’t block and I can watch this video many many many times. I love it, they’re all hugging each other. So much love and joy between them. Thank you!!!

32. Gratefull says:

LOL … LOL … hahahahahahahahahahaha … That video was MASSIVE!!! … “I pulled a ham string!” … LOL … “rusty sea urchin for a beard!!” … “Colbert! Don’t you dare!!” … “Jon … before you go!” … LOL … HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH … *wipes tears from the eyes* …

33. Michele says:

HOLY COW THAT WAS AWESOME!!!! I love the three of them together. It’s the trifecta of awesome!

34. This is total awesomeness. I’m glad I didn’t see it last night because like many, I KNOW I wouldn’t have gotten any sleep. Of course now, I won’t get any work done today……

And I just love the reactions of what I assume are the backup singers when Andy Richter comes out and starts shooting Jon. Priceless.

35. I am still kicking myself for not going to the show.

Totally got to work late this morning because I was watching this video. Awesome doesn’t even begin to describe it.