EPISODE NUMBER: 6064 (May 6, 2010)
GUESTS: Andrew Sullivan, Stewart Brand
SEGMENTS: Coulbert Report British ElectioN Couverage: The Race For Prime Minister, Governor!, Movies that are Destroying America
VIDEOS: Thursday, May 6, 2010
Loved the Coulbert Report British Election Couverage graphic, with the blue meanie and the nod to Terry Gilliam’s Monty Python opener graphics. I also enjoyed hearing Andrew Sullivan talk about the British election. Also, Stephen can talk in accents all friggin’ day and keep the fangirls happy.
I’m pretty sure I’m the only person I know who has no desire to see Ironman 2. There’s just not many movies I’m looking forward to this year. I have yet to see the first Sex and the City movie, and I doubt I’ll see the second. That being said, Jake Gyllenhaal running around in a gladiator outfit? Count me in!
What did all of you think about tonight’s show?
- This is the one day that separates us from the separation of church and state.
- Consider this: Franklin Graham, son of Billy, was disinvited from the Pentagon’s prayer event just because he said Islam was an evil religion that practices murder [turns to side camera] which I did *not* say, by the way. Because Muslims are super! In fact, I think the prophet Mohamed and I would be best buds.
- Coulbert Report British Election Couverage: The Race For Prime Minister, Governor!
- English elections are often a bellwether for US elections. For instance, conservative Margaret Thatcher was elected in 1979. then in 1980, we elected Ronald Reagan – basically Thatcher with smaller hair and bigger balls.
- Hey, would you like to know something interesting about Gordon Brown? So would everybody in England.
- Hung Parliament – and yes, that’s also the name of the world’s most polite porno.
- Ma’am can we form a government please? Mom, we’d really like to govern for a while.
- Sometimes I rent DVDs and only watch half so I can return them without rewinding.
- You know who would make a convincing upright block? Keanu Reeves. It was the role he was born to play.
- Oh, I have the technology.
- Once again Hollywood is giving aid and comfort to our enemies by glamorizing the life story of Iranian president Mahmoud Ahma-Jake Gyllenhaal-ejad.
- Sex and the City 2 – Now this movie is the story of, and I mean this in the nicest way possible, four shopaholic whores.
- I think they would frown on Samantha pulling a reverse wheelbarrow on her hotel balcony sex swing. Which, I believe, is how she tips the bellman.
- Because if your kids eat enough lunch meat, by the time he’s Tony Stark’s age, he too will need a replacement heart.
- Ironman Viagra – if your man is iron for more than four hours, consult your Dr. Doom.
- Do you get a lot of death threats written on hemp paper?