Ok, so I lied. I’m not actually Irish, I’m Australian but you can still kiss me and we drink just as much … if not more. I hope you’ve all recovered from good ol’ St. Patty’s Day and the festivities that ensured. Mine was a rather dismal day, I didn’t touch a drop of drink, there were no celebrations at Uni and I only wore green by accident. So if you’re like me and have had a boring day/week I hope the activities of Stephen’s friends and colleagues puts a smile on your dial.
Friends of the Show
- You can pre-order your copy of Amy’s new book “Simple Times: Crafts for Poor People” from Amazon which is due for release on 2 November, 2010.
America’s most delightfully unconventional hostess and the bestselling author of I Like You delivers a new book that will forever change the world of crafting. According to Amy Sedaris, it’s often been said that ugly people craft and attractive people have sex. In her new book, SIMPLE TIMES, she sets the record straight. Demonstrating that crafting is one of life’s more pleasurable and constructive leisure activities, Sedaris shows that anyone with a couple of hours to kill and access to pipe cleaners can join the elite society of crafters.
- Amy was recently a guest on the “The Martha Stewart Show” to promote her new book “Simple Times: Craft for Poor People”. You can view a clip of Amy’s appearance here and here.
- CoCo’s coming to a city near you!! Check out Teamcoco.com for all the details on Conan O’Brien presents: “The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour” – A Night of Music, Comedy, Hugging and the Occasional Awkward Silence.
- For those who missed it, you can view Part 1 and Part 2 of Dana’s appearance on “The Tonight Show with Jay Leno”.
- Greg along with fellow Chicago improv actor Michael Wollner star in “Finding Your Way at McCormick Place West” an orientation film for the Chicago Dental Society Mid-Winter Meeting, that explains how to get to navigate McCormick Place West, the newest addition to one of the largest convention facilities in the world.
- Joakim Nilsson talks with Spinner.com about the band, The Colbert Bump and their 5 scheduled gigs at SXSW 2010.
Have you heard about the phenomena called “The Colbert Bump” (an increase in popularity as a result of being a guest on the show)? Do you feel like you experienced this in the US since your TV performance?
We had an import record in the States and the day after we played on the show the record sale had gone up 85,000%. [Laughs] Yeah, it was like in place 90,000 the day before the show and the day after it was #72 on Amazon. And we went up to #2 on the iTunes hip-hop charts above Kanye and Eminem. We had heard about “the Colbert Bump” but this was more like The Colbert Earthquake.
Neil deGrasse Tyson
- An Evening with Neil deGrasse Tyson – “From Plutos 1930 discovery to the emotional reaction worldwide to its demotion from planetary status, astrophysicist, science popularizer and Hayden Planetarium director deGrasse Tyson offers a lighthearted look at the planet.”
When: Thursday, March 18, 2010, 6:00 – 8:00pm
Where: Pace University, Multipurpose Room, One Pace Plaza, level B
Steve Carell and Tina Fey
The Colbert Report Staffers [and beloved ex-Staffers]
- Peter recently competed in The 2010 American Crossword Puzzle Tournament. (h/t Ms.I)
The featured game of the evening was a group trivia event in which solvers formed teams of four people. John and I teamed up with our lunch companions, Kelly Langan and Peter Gwinn, an old friend of mine from the Chicago comedy scene. Peter was a top-ten ACPT rookie last year. He’s also a writer for “The Colbert Report” and skipped a Writers Guild of America dinner to join us at the tournament, which his TV friends kidded was an even nerdier way of spending the evening than theirs.
Now it’s time to check in with our good friends at The Daily Show
- The Star Ledger has a review of Jon’s 4 stand-up shows from the Music Box at the Bogata Hotel Casino & Spa.
- Steve will be a guest on THe Kyle and Jackie O Show this week.
Steve Carell and Ed Helms
- From: Cinema Blend:
Helms and Carell are teaming up to make an untitled project about Civil War re-enactors who are transported back to the event itself. The project is still in development, but with Carell producing and Helms credited as one of the screenwriters, it likely won’t go forward without both of them. Given that neither can film movies except during The Office hiatuses, it’ll be a while before we can likely see it go forward.
- Ed was recently a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. You can view his interview here and Ed showing us his amazing talent here.
- Ed will be staring along side Jason Segal in the stoner comedy “Jeff Who Lives at Home” which is being written and directed by Mark and Jay Duplass.
- Rob will be a guest on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on March 25th, 2010.
- The SF Gate’s Allen Johnson interviews Aasif ahead of the opening of “Today’s Special”, the independent film Aasif co-wrote and starred in at The 28th San Francisco International Asian American Festival.
- Mo investigates which blanket without sleeves is better in Snuggie vs. Slanket for CBS Sunday Morning.
- Lewis will hosting a seven day cruise on Royal Caribbean Cruise Line’s Liberty of the Seas. Lewis sets sail November 7 – 14 and will be joined by comedian friends John Pinette, Kathleen Madigan, Susie Essman, Dom Irrera, John Bowman, Ted Alexandro and Larry Wilmore – with Madigan also hosting bingo!
Cruise Price & Details: Lewis Black Comedy Cruise.
- John will performing stand-up at the Wilbur Theatre Boston, MA at 7pm on Saturday September 25, 2010. (h/t Ms. I)
- Bullz-Eye from Premium Hollywood chats with rob about his “about the special, as well as his work on “SNL,” his two and a half year stint as John Oliver’s officemate, and some of his upcoming film projects.” (h/t Ms.I)
- Sam’s debut book “I Know I Am, But What Are You?” will be published June 1st, 2010.
- Sam can next be seen as “Jill” in “Date Night” – in cinemas April 9th.