EPISODE NUMBER: 6029 (March 1, 2010)
GUESTS: Michael Bublé, Don Cheadle
SEGMENTS: Barack Obama mentions Stephen (twice!), Stephane Colbert, Vancouverage
VIDEOS: Monday, March 1, 2010
It’s good to see that Stephen is still milking the Vancouver coverage. Here’s hoping that we get to see even more goodies that we were tipped off about both on the ColbertNation.com site, and maybe even the show!
It’s so funny to see Stephen mention himself as being mentioned by someone famous. It’s so meta. And having Stephen be mentioned twice by the president’s office is quite hysterical. Stephen’s metaphor of the parties being a married couple and the “issue” being a baby was another excellent example of Stephen being able to explain any situation in the most bizarre of terms.
Is it just me, or did Stephane Colbert look like a young Jerry Lewis? Maybe it was the glasses and hair. And yay for the Michael Bublé interview! With the singing! It was deliciously awkward.
What did all of you enjoy about the episode tonight?
- You all know two things know about me. I’m not a fan of the President, and I’m not an egomaniac. But last week, the President mentioned me twice!
- But not quite as excited as I am about the most powerful man in the world saying my name in space.
- The only way it could have been more boring is if they were curling.
- And to this day, when the wind whips around the moor, you can still hear the teeth saying “Remember to floss!”
- Repeat after me: F@#k ’em! If those “30 million people” want health care, let them get a better job, or join the Army, or go to Canada, or eat Flintstones vitamins – it’s not our problem! Stop faking caregasms!
- Stephane Colbert: Yes. You damned pig’s vagina.
- Being in Vancouver for the last two weeks really helped me get past all the lazy stereotypes of Canadians being beaver humping moose jockeys.
- It would certainly make a lot more sense than what the Russians did last night by promoting their games with radioactive space ovaries.
- I paid my $12 bucks, you do the work.
- Why aren’t you doing heroin for Darfur?
- The nicest drug addicts you’ve ever met in your life.