EPISODE NUMBER: 6026 (February 23, 2010)
GUESTS: Lindsey Vonn, Bob Costas
SEGMENTS: Stephen visits international houses
VIDEOS: Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Seeing the Olympians that we’ve been cheering on during the week come on the show has been a real treat for me. I really enjoyed the Lindsey Vonn interview. I’ve seen interviews in a fireplace setting, but this is the first time I’ve ever seen an interview in a fireplace. Well, except for that Bob Costas one with Stephen. Lindsey was just so giggly and happy to be there. And her response to Stephen asking if he was a very, very old man was just adorable.
We’d been getting spoilers about the different House segments all last week, and they were just as wonderful as we thought they’d be. Stephen chugging hot cheese was hysterical, and the Irish house looked like a rocking good time. Here’s hoping that the good people over at ColbertNation.com come up with the high-def long version of the song that Stephen was singing at the Irish House as one of their online Vancouverage extras.
And man, was that crowd rowdy during the Bob Costas interview! Bob has a fantastic mix of it-gettery and cockiness that really works when he’s with Stephen.
What did you enjoy most about Stephen’s adventures in Canada tonight?
- And thank you, everyone out there for joining us in here in Vancouver, at the Colbert Report International Broadcast Chalet.
- There is no finer way to prove which nation is best. And in this global confrontation, America is kicking ass and mispronouncing names! WHOO! USA! USA! USA!
- Though I would argue that no Olympian is more decorated than Johnny Weir. Remember, he’s a figure skater. For them, this is business casual.
- Now you were almost kept out of these games by a bruise on your leg, or what medical science calls a “boo-boo”. Did you have a team of surgeons come in and kiss it?
- But Lindsey, you’re an American sports hero, you should wrap it in Velveeta!
- I’m a very, very old man to you, aren’t I?
- And if the ski is a boy, wouldn’t that drag down the mountain a little bit?
- As an American, I learned everything I know about International houses from my pancakes.
- After jamming with the Ricola twins, I sat down with director of the Swiss house, Manuel Salchli.
- Put up the translation as he talks.
- Yes, I wanted to say “The lamp is vomiting onto the table.” Do you have a problem with that?
- Who wants to celebrate Irish culture! Ulysses, by James Joyce ….
- Wait a second, I have breaking news. There is a fight in an Irish bar.
- So I went back home … to the Irish house. The USA house doesn’t have a bar.
- How did you get to where you are in broadcasting if you don’t even know how to pander to the greatest crowd in the world?
- It’s the UN, but in skin tight lycra.
- Oh, you’re feeling sorry for Al-Quaida now? I think you’re taking politeness too far now, Canada.
- RIDE THE MOOSE! RIDE THE MOOSE!