EPISODE NUMBER: 6024 (February 11, 2010)
GUESTS: Al Michaels, David Ross
SEGMENTS: The WØRD: Political Suicide
VIDEOS: Thursday, February 11, 2010
Big shout out for the Toss, which I actually got to watch because someone reminded me to check. “Here comes my SHOOOOOWW!” Hahah!
Whoo hoo! Stephen’s on his way to Vancouver! How many Zoners plan on attending the tapings there in Creekside Park? Hopefully at least a few of you. In honor of the journey, we’ve gussied up our header with the new Shepard Fairey Olympic art featured on the show. Speaking of which, how interesting was the guest, David Ross? I really enjoyed seeing Olympic art through the ages. I love the stabbing Bob Costas theme that seemed to be running through the show. I hope it doesn’t make the NBC broadcasting booth too awkward next week.
Enjoy the Olympics, Team Colbert! We cannot wait for the Vancouver coverage!
- What the hell is uranian? Now I think it might be related to unobtainium, because why else would they be wearing 3-D glasses?
- Don’t laugh – remember how we discovered Plutonium.
- With over 200 filibusters in the last three years, they’ve prevented more action than my college roommate Eric. Dude, there was a coat hanger on the doorknob, we had a system.
- I am going to blame that one on Orrin Hatch. He is one hep cat. [Has A Cat With Hepatitis]
- By the way, I’m churning butter.
- And I know the [Sports Illustrated] curse all too well. Ever since my issue came out, ever since this thing hit the stands, I have not been on any other cover of Sports Illustrated.
- Colbert Report Global Snow Drive – Send two scoops, you want it to be grrreat.
- Canada is going to need their vaunted health care system, because I’m going to be breaking hearts, blowing minds and busting balls. Also, I might stab Bob Costas … I’m on vacation!
- Do you ever say to yourself, if I have to watch one more cross-country race, I’m going to stab Bob Costas?
- I’m not going to win any medals for saying this, I say we let Al Quaida field a team.
- Once again, you’ve got the naked tallywhackers up there.
- He’s winning the 1500 Zeig Heil.
- It actually looks like a gay downhill race.