EPISODE NUMBER: 6010 (January 19, 2010)
GUESTS: Amb. Stephen Bosworth
SEGMENTS: Stephen Colbert’s Skate Expectations: Kicking Ice and Taking Donations on the Slippery Slope Down the Icy Path to the Frozen Road Up to Vancouver ‘010
VIDEOS: Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Normally I don’t put the Toss in the daily poll because, quite honestly, I watch the show on Hulu and don’t know that there is one until someone mentions it in the comments. But a little birdy (okay, MsInterpreted) sent me an e-mail making sure that I watched the GFF toss, and it didn’t disappoint. There’s just something adorkable about when Jon and Stephen quarrel like an old married couple.
It’s fantastic that the Nation actually made the $300,000 goal! Go us! Stephen’s awkward rendition of The Candyman was just delightful! But Stephen actually on the ice, and enjoying the speedsuit, was an absolutely brilliant piece of physical comedy. I had tears coming out of my eyes when Tucker Fredrick’s mom beat him in the speed race. Is it wrong of me to enjoyed “Tucker’s Mom” in Comic Sans font as much as I did? It was just so … typographically goofy. I enjoyed the skating segment so much I watched it twice, and I laughed harder at “Be right back, be right back, be right back.” the second time than the first.
Is anyone else’s stomach hurting as much as mine this morning from laughing so hard?
- In the words of George Washington at Valley Forge, “Cop a squat.”
- Technically, Jesus rifles aren’t a holy war. They’re more like an armor piercing Sunday school.
- And I assume the full verse ends in Eat Hot Lead, Haji. Obviously, that’s just in my translation.
- That’s why I am proud to introduce the new Hand Gra-bible. Just hold that, pull the pin, and lob it into a cave. [BOOM!] That had a delayed fuse on it, I think.
- Next, the bobsled. Again I didn’t make the team, because apparently people are too precious to get vomit on their lycra.
- Verizon Wireless – Wires are for pussies
- I’m sorry, it’s the thigh, that’s one point off.
- My understanding is that that’s what the ladies love. Just get it over with, please.
- Who’s better, Shani Davis or Sammy Davis?
- On average, how much chest hair do the other speedskaters show?
- Should this feel this good right here? Should I be enjoying this this much?
- Do you have anything with more of a lower heel than this? Because I’m more of a Charlotte. You don’t watch Sex in the City?
- Be right back, be right back, be right back.
- Stephen: Ever seen someone skate that fast? Tucker: My mom.
- How do you talk to a madman, I mean, other than right now?
- By the way, how do the Koreans see us? Do they think of all of us as Alan Alda?
- I’m going to say something about [Kim Jong Il] and I want you to handle it as diplomatically as possible. He looks like an old woman.