EPISODE NUMBER: 5159 (December 14, 2009)
GUESTS: Katherine Reutter, Snoop Dogg
VIDEOS: Monday, December 14, 2009
I love it when the show starts with a huge dose of silly, and Cardboard Stephen interviewing Cardboard Obama definitely fits that bill. Don’t forget to check out the Exclusive extended interview with Barack Obama over at ColbertNation.com.
It was so fun to see Katherine Reutter on the show. She was just so perky and happy to be there, and I adore how she got Stephen flustered when she flashed her enormous quads at him. I also think that Stephen’s “tribute” to Shani Davis (and response to his “jerk” comment) was both appropriate as well as hysterical. He could have gone Full Mean, but instead he both honored him and knocked him down a peg. A very small peg, but a peg nonetheless.
I don’t know what it is about Snoop Dogg’s rapping that I love, but I’ve always been appreciative of his talents. His laid back cadence has always made me stop the flipping the dial in the car to enjoy the melodic rhymes. I thought the interview went very well, and I enjoyed Snoop’s liberal use of the Big Red Button (although I was kinda hoping the word “Bees!” would come out of it at some point). I also loved Stephen working the whole Soap Opera scene, complete with soft lighting, and the “baby in your butt” line. That’s a thing of beauty right there.
How did you enjoy tonight’s episode? Also, since I couldn’t decide what I wanted to screencap, I went with two tonight.
- Nation, a year ago we all loved Barack Obama. But remember, back then we all loved Crocks, too.
- Of course, I’m a busy man, so I sent a fitting replacement. Jim? [President Obama: The Colbert Interview] I tell you the sparks were really flying there which is dangerous because cardboard is highly flammable.
- I don’t have to remind you that you are heroes. You’re heroes, by the way.
- They will bring home the Gold no matter which country wins it.
- Not healthy associations? The Colbert Name is synonymous with dignity and anyone who doesn’t agree can kiss my 12 inch taint.
- Hell, you deserve to be on the cover of tomorrow’s edition of Sports Illustrated. Oh, I’m sorry, that position has already been filled by ME! Right there! Yeah, me! I am the Michael Jordan of people who don’t deserve to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
- It is perfect for everyone on your Christmas list provided they have a head. Sorry, guy from Scanners.
- Having my name on your thigh, does it actually make you faster?
- This would be like me making the cover of Sports Illustrated.
- Guys like Michael Phelps – how easy is it to swim through water? You run on top of water with Samurai swords strapped to your feet.
- What if I just took off my skate and threw it across the line?
- I just want to be careful of something. Do you have regular drug testing? Snoop Dogg’s on the show tonight, I want to make sure we’re keeping you on a separate floor from him. I’d hate for you to test positive for Snoop.
- Honey, I had to do this for the Olympic team!
- Stephen Colbert: In case you feel some salty talk coming on, just push the button. You understand what I’m saying mother f**ker?
Snoop Dog: I like that s**t.
- That is not bad, that is adorable. You have just been adorable.
- Is it hard to rail against the man when you are the man?
- Snoop Dog: I am actually under the influence of medical marijuana. Actually a doctor prescribed …
Stephen Colbert: Was it Dr. Dre? Because he’s very loose with that prescription pad.