TiVo Alert: Stephen Colbert on Late Show with David Letterman

Hey, all — set your TiVos for Thursday night’s Late Show (Thursday, the 19th), because Stephen Colbert will be hosted by David Letterman that night! Yay!

Here’s one of Stephen’s earlier Late Show interviews; he’s always such a hoot.

Comments

YES! Thank you so much for posting this – I sometimes forget to check the Late Night TV Page, and I probably would have missed it. I’m so excited! Stephen’s always so fantastic whenever he’s on Letterman :)

2. Good to know…setting DVR! Tonight, Kumail Nanjiani (sp?) is on Letterman…I believe he is the unfortunate prisoner Stephen kept under his desk!

Sweet! Thanks for the heads-up, I *love* when Stephen is on Letterman. All his appearances have been fantastic!

4. here’s hoping it will show up on the internets and the youtubes…

• SpiritMuse says:

I’m hoping it right along with you. Sometimes I really hate not living in America! :)

5. much excitement!!

6. Knowing what we know now about Letterman, everything in this interview sounds like a double entendre.

7. Niiice! Can’t wait.

8. Thanks for the heads up!!!

9. Luckily both the late show and tonight show don’t do their interviews until the start of the 12 o’clock hour. So right after TCR gets off you should be able to switch over and watch Stephen without having to dvr it.

10. ColbertGirl27 says:

Wouldn’t it be great if Stephen and Amy were on Letterman the same night? Amy could do a special Thanksgiving segment while Stephen would wear his “kiss the cook” apron while David would look all awkward.

11. Someone please post that clip for the sake of those who aren’t in the US. :(

12. Oh, that’s great I hope someone will post this here :-)

I’ve never seen his appearance from 20th May, the youtube video that was posted here doesn’t work anymore.

• Hmm, it’s working for me now.

• Maybe it’s because I’m from Europe.

• It says the video has been removed due to offense against site policy/terms of use.

• Rats. It must be a regional thing, because it still plays fine for me here in the US. That’s really too bad, because it’s a lovely interview. Do you know if you can watch videos at CBS? They usually post The Late Show videos about a week after airing, so you might be able to see next week’s interview.

• It’s the same with CBS. You cannot watch it outside the USA. And since you can’t use hotshield anymore, I couldn’t watch it on hulu either.
        I wonder why it’s not on youtube, you can find the other Letterman appearance there. That’s weird.

13. wildlymissingthemark says:

i love stephen-but letterman, not so much. especially lately. i don’t know why he is still on the air. just my opinion though.

14. Is there a clip anywhere? Sorry to have missed it.

15. Here’s another great interview with Stephen and Letterman. I’ve just found it recently, surprisingly I haven’t seen it before. It’s from June 2006. Maybe there are other fans who haven’t seen it either :-)

• ColbertGirl27 says:

Wow! I was all proud thinking “Phfft…..I’ve seen every Letterman interview,” but not this one! Thanks so much. This appearance was before I became a fan and it must have been taken down from YouTube before I got a chance to backtrack. THANK YOU!

16. According to The Late Show website, there are only two guests scheduled: Stephen and John Mayer. Here’s to hoping he may be on for more than one segment!!!

17. I just hope it does start after 12 like last time, because I DVR Conan as well as Stephen and if I try to DVR all three shows my machine may explode…maybe I can watch Conan on Hulu that night.

It should be fun. I wonder if Stephen is on to promote the speed-skating sponsorship?

I do miss his visits to Conan though. Maybe Conan will visit New York someday and Stephen and he can “feud” again!