EPISODE NUMBER: 5146 (November 12, 2009)
GUESTS: Woody Harrelson
SEGMENTS: The WØRD: The Money Shot
VIDEOS: Thursday, November 12, 2009
This is definintely one of the more memorable shows as of late. First, we started off with the Miracle Whip ad campaign against Stephen and Mayo. I believe this is the first time that ads were specifically geared towards the members of the Colbert Nation. Secondly, the Lou Dobbs/flying electrocuted Stephen Quickening? That … was … MASSIVE!
I also really enjoyed the Woody Harrelson interview. Woody is so kicked back about life, and it’s always entertaining to see an interview with him. But I loved that Woody just said, yeah, you can shave my head. I loved after the interview, as the camera was fading back, when Stephen shook Woody’s hand and said, “I can’t believe you let me do that!” Or something to that effect, I’m not the best lip reader. And Stephen and Woody singing the Star Spangled Banner as Stephen fully shaved Woody’s head? That’s up there with the styrofoam cup attacking Stephen and Future Stephen coming back to host the show in the pantheon of top surreal moments on the ‘Colbert Report’.
What did all of you think of the show tonight? Was it as mind blowing to you as it was to me?
- You … win?
- LOU DOBBS! I CLAIM YOUR AUDIENCE AND YOUR OPINIONS!
- It’s moved down against the yen, it’s moved down against the euro, and last week it moved down to its mom’s basement.
- CNN, I think I just found Lou Dobbs’s replacement.
- Say Hello to My Little Checkbook
- That is juicing, when you do it right.
- That is the quickest way to get a bit of a sticky wicket.
- I did not know that they are using child labor.
- I’m the big baby? You’re a baby, baby!
- Folks, I smell a bad beaver.
- I’m so excited, there just might be two Woody’s over there.