EPISODE NUMBER: 5135 (October 26, 2009)
SEGMENTS: The WØRD: Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell, Stephen’s Sound Advice – Hand Jobs For Cash
VIDEOS: Monday, October 26, 2009
Who’s with me in saying that Stephen really needs to find more excuses to rock the bowtie? It was amazing how much his look changed from the dangling red tie to the no-tie, to the bowtie, to the Lumberjack. All amazingly adorkable. I enjoyed the “special effects” at the top of the show. Threw me for a loop for a few seconds until Stephen came on the air with the upside down tie. I also very much enjoyed The WØRD. It always makes me proud that he’s such a strong gay rights supporter, and brings to light some of the more obtuse fights being fought.
Cornel West amuses me on so many levels. I don’t think that’s the response he’s going for, but he does. And watching Stephen trying to interview him is like watching someone try to herd cats.
So yay, new shows! Hair’s looking better every day! Did I mention the bowtie? (Precious!) Tell us all about your thoughts on the show here!
|The Colbert Report||Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c|
|Job Recommendation From Stephen Colbert|
- Doesn’t George know that long ties are the blue jeans of the throat?
- I don’t know which is more disturbing, that George Will goes to prostitutes, or that he still uses the phone book.
- You know what? I have a lot more respect for the Nation of Islam now.
- I feel like the president of Iran.
- And folks we know that there are gay ducks.
- I say it just proves the terrible toll gay marriage has on fact checking.
- I just assume they’ll hide the list in a place where gay people will never look – like JC Penney.
- Now sure, this petition affects legislation, is part of the public record and law says the voters have a right to know who signed it. [Rhymes With “Schmormons”]
- God knows what would happen to us if our names ended up in China. [Sold Back To Us As Toothpaste?]
- What kind of celebrities? Only the creme de la 20 years ago.
- This [bowtie] and this [devil horns] do not go together in any way, shape or form.
- Whoo, recommending qualified candidates sure is thirsty work. I could go for some Gatorade. You’re welcome.
- Hell, there’s already so many hormones in our milk, just check, you might have one already.
- Morrison was tripping, told it to an indian who went back in time and told Kafka. But that’s all in the book.