Once again, our favorite fearless interviewers are out and about, sharing their talent in a variety of venues. Check out what they’ve done, or possibly find an opportunity to see one of them for yourself! (Emphatic h/t to MsI and DB throughout.)
Samantha Bee (Correspondent, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
- Since the last time I’ve mentioned it in Six Degrees, Sam’s recently finished her role in the off-Broadway show
Love, Loss, and What I Wore. She was interviewed twice as a result of her involvement with that show. In this interview, you can learn a lot about her experiences growing up, long before she was being funny on The Daily Show. For a rather amusing discussion of clothing, among other reflections, you can check out this interview.
- If you didn’t see the show in New York, another way you can see Sam is at The Connecticut Forum’s “It’s Satire!” show November 14th, 8:00 PM at The Bushnell Theater in Hartford. You can find ticket information at their website. David Javerbaum, who you’ll remember as co-lyricist of A Colbert Christmas, as well as former Executive Producer of The Daily Show, will also be appearing.
- Whether you’re able to attend “It’s Satire!” or not, you can enjoy this interview by TWoP user shamskygirl. There’s discussion here of both process and gender in comedy, and Sam has some very insightful answers.
Larry Wilmore (Contributer, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
- Larry’s book I’d Rather We Got Casinos: And Other Black Thoughts was released in January, but if you’re in Miami, you still have a chance to hear about it from the man himself. Larry is one of the many authors who will be appearing at the Miami Book Fair, which will take place November 8-15. You can find out all about the fair at its website, and although it’s not immediately obvious when Larry will be there, you can probably find most other information about the fair, and possibly more specific information will be available there soon.
John Hodgman (Contributor, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
- Here’s an opportunity for the West coast fans – John Hodgman will be appearing in San Francisco at an event called John Hodgman in Conversation in Saturday, November 7 at 8:00 PM. If you’ve ever heard the man talk, you have to be enthusiastic about him conversing. It’s certainly something I’d try to see. Tickets still seem to be available for purchase here.
Josh Lieb (Executive Producer, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
- You might remember Jon Stewart’s interesting endorsement video for Josh’s very new book, I am a Genius of Unspeakable Evil and I Want to be Your Class President, but if you don’t, you can go here to check out the video and read an interview with Josh. The interview discusses themes from the book and literary influences, the Josh gives the type of reflective answers that anyone who enjoys the book should be eager to check out.
Jason Jones (Correspondent, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
- One of the most exciting series of segments on The Daily Show this year has to have been Jason Jones’s reports from Iran. In this excellent video interview with him and field producer Tim Greenberg you can hear them both telling fascinating stories, some of which relate to clips from the segments and others which describe how their time was spent day to day. (h/t Holly S)
Wyatt Cenac (Correspondent, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)
- After Wyatt’s segment including an interview with Slim Thug, the hip-hop magazine XXL interviewed Wyatt. No matter how many times I read about it, every time I’m given another glimpse into what it’s like to be a correspondent for The Daily Show, I’m always impressed. Wyatt also explains the idea that led to the segment.
Aasif Mandvi (Correspondent, The Daily Show with Jon Stewart)