EPISODE NUMBER: 5134 (October 15, 2009)
GUESTS: Jerry Mitchell
SEGMENTS: Dow hits 10,000; Tip of the Hat, Wag of my Finger
VIDEOS: Thursday, October 15, 2009
Everyone stand up and give a big, huge round of applause to the video editors of last night’s show. What a fantastically naughty round of Dow videos! I also enjoyed Tip/Wag. Oddly enough, though, I’m not craving a pizza cone.
I always enjoy the satire videos that the ‘Colbert Report’ comes up with, and this one was deliciously puntastic. It’s hard to think of mayonnaise and the Colbert Report without thinking of Stephen’s reaction to the Mayo-ty Dog.
It absolutely amazes me that the show has been on for four years. When I think of where I was in my life four years ago, and how things have changed and been shaped by the show, it’s pretty dang amazing. It’s also wonderful to look at the old clips and see how the show (and its audience) have evolved. Here’s to many more years of success and happiness with the show.
Anniversaries such as this always get me to reflecting on the changes my life has made. The show obviously has made a huge impact on my life – I spend most of my free time at home blogging, or talking with the many fans I’ve met over the course of the past 4 years. I’ve planned vacations around the show, and I’ve even made one of those vacations a trip to New York. Some of my nearest and closest friends have been friends I’ve met through blogging and talking about Stephen and the show. This fandom has meant the world to me, and the show continues to amuse me every night. I’m so glad that the show has brought so many of us together to talk about something we’re all quite passionate about – Stephen Colbert, and the wonderful folks at the ‘Colbert Report’ and ‘Daily Show’. Thank you, Team Colbert, for all that you do for us every night, and thank you, Zoners, for supporting our efforts here.
What was your favorite part of the show tonight? And how has the show changed your life in the four years it’s been on?
- Well, just in case you didn’t get enough of that hot MILF action, by which I mean Market Indicator I’d Like to Fluctuate, I’ve got good news.
- The Money Shot – Going Dow On It! America, it will leave you wanting more. Specifically, jobs.
- The NAACP is so committed to black rights they’re even committed to black lung.
- Say it with me, imaginary people – we’re not here, we’re clear, get used to it.
- Okay, there were hints.
- I should have known – the one day I don’t shave my chest, or my shoulders. And why did I ever shave that mustache?
- Warning: Contents are piping hot.
- You know I love being down with all the latest trends on the streets. For instance, right now the hottest thing is vampires. So I’ve been biting a lot of people on their necks. I predict the next big trend is lawsuits.
- Yo, that potato salad was massive dope, y’all!
- As Americans, we hold mayo near and dear to our hearts. Because that’s where it tends to clot.
- Turn it up to Mayo-leven!
- Our day in the sun [Don’t Leave Mayo In The Sun]
- You won’t tone it down, Miracle Whip? Well guess what? F@#k you.
- You’ve recently received a Macarthur Genius Grant. Congratulations. Later on we’re going to do math problems, Mr. Genius.
- Have you been inspired by any other movies? Because I would love to see that bastard Penguin get his due.