Stephen Colbert to be on Rolling Stone cover in September

Looks like Stephen Colbert is going to be on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine on September 17, 2009. And he’s going to be absolutely lovely. I can’t wait to see the cover full sized – I’m definitely going to be running to my local bookstore for this one!

Rolling Stone cover - September 17, 2009

Rolling Stone cover - September 17, 2009

Comments

1. Oh, this is spectacular.

2. Truly awesome!!!
    It’s like he’s showing off his inner James Bond.

3. ColbertGirl27 says:

Between his cover on Emmy magazine and Rolling Stone this year as the Emmys near, I think this is the year!

I don’t like seeing Stephen homeless, but he still looks hot:) Are they saying he brings joy even during times of economic hardship? I’m so glad that they used the word “joy” in the title. I guess they’ve picked up on the fact that he’s the joy machine:)Yes, I just used the word “joy” three times.

Haha! I love that his head is right next to the words “Inside the Drug Cartels.”

• I agree!!! It is indeed “joyous”…and considering he’s adorning the covers of more than one magazine, it ought to be gooood…..! Can’t wait for Emmys!

4. Looks like he’s gained some weight… :)

5. Aaawesome! A disheveled dirty Stephen is a good Stephen.

“The Joy Of Colbert” is also one great line…

6. he’s dangerous and homeless, what?
    but I love it!!! JOY is right. ooooh I’m excited to purchase this! :D :D :D

7. I’m getting this :) Especially since it’s out right after my birthday!

I have a Rolling Stone bag with Coldplay on it; I wonder if they’d consider making one with Stephen on it! :D

reCAPTCHA: Fla., weak (this is hilarious, since I often say Florida is “weak”).

8. Oh my gosh I am beyond excited!!!! YAY! I never did get that Emmy magazine. I looked everywhere! I even checked a magazine specialty store that seemed to have everything, and they didn’t have it. I really don’t want to order online and pay twice as much for it. I’ll definitely be getting Rolling Stone though. Now I have yet even more to look forward to in the upcoming month!

• Oh go order the Emmy magazine online. Colbert Completists should buy these things. It is our duty. Getting the Emmy magazine is really worth it too! The 2 page picture is to die for!

• MaryLovesColbert says:

Unfortunately, the best way to get the Emmy magazine is to order it online. It does cost more, but that cost covers shipping and handling as well as the price. So, it’s not so bad. And it’s definitely worth it, there are some GREAT pictures in there.

• Erika –

What city do you live in, if you don’t mind me asking. I can’t believe the Emmy magazine is that hard to find, but maybe I’m just lucky enough to live somewhere that had it at a few places.

• St. Paul, MN. I’ve checked Barnes, Borders, all of my grocery stores, Target, and a local magazine/comic book store.

• Wow, I’m surprised. I guess I should be more appreciative of the magazine stores in my city.

If I could mail it any cheaper than Emmy could, I’d pick up all the spare copies in my city and offer them up to NFZ-ers!

• I couldn’t find the Emmy mag in a store either, so I just bought it online.

I say you should buy it! There are sooo many great full page pictures inside. There’s prob 6 or 7 of them.

When my Emmy mag came, there were red lines going straight down Colbert’s face, because the ink in the word Emmy ran (not just the painted flag stripes on his forehead lol). But I just emailed them and told them about it and they sent me another right away. So it’s kinda good because now I can rip the pictures out of the one with the ruined cover, and not feel like I’m ruining the magazine lol.

• Okay maybe I’ll just have too lol. I did really want it…I’m just low on spending money. Oh for the love of Stephen!

9. Aww sweet! I gotta get this issue! ^_^ Yay, Stephen slowly taking over the covers of many magazines! Lol!

10. Truly, I fully expected him to be on the cover of some magazine. I was looking at a newsstand recently and thinking, Oh Stephen should be on some cover soon, isn’t it time for him to be on a cover soon? lol

Yay, Rolling Stone, thanks for picking up the ball!

11. Lordy lordy. I’ve kind of hated Rolling Stone magazine for about the last fifteen years, but you can bet your bippy I’ll be buying this issue.

12. To.Die.For.

13. Yowza.

Oh. My. God. I absolutely cannot wait to go and pick this one up at my Barnes & Noble!! They’re going to start looking at me funny there, the past three times I’ve been in there I was looking for magazines with Stephen on the cover!! This is going to be so awesome. =D

15. YES.

16. I love that!

17. I audibly gasped when I saw that on the Rolling Stone website this morning! I’m sure my subscription copy will come all mangled (as always happens with any cover I want to keep).

Added plus, it actually looks like that issue has some stories I care about (Chevy Chase, Ed Helms, John Hamm).

18. Hot damn. I’m not sure I understand why he’s supposed to look like a homeless man on the cover though. But I can’t wait to get that magazine!

19. I’m in love.

20. Colbert and John Hamm in one issue! WIN!

21. mrtigger001 says:

lol, is stephen supposed to be a hobo or a beat-up james bond? at first glance i thought the picture was a play on the recession, but the title seems to be giving some mixed messages there

22. Before I saw the shopping cart I thought it was post-apocalyptic!Stephen, not homeless!Stephen. He’s remarkably handsome either way, though. ;) (I’m guess the pic has less to do with the actual article and more to do with economic commentary??)

If only I’d held onto my Borders gift card a little longer!

23. AliceInDallas says:

I had a horrible day going and now.. it’s all roses and smiles..

24. “Now it’s all designed to blow our minds
    but our minds won’t really be blown
    like the blow that’ll getcha when you get your picture on the cover of the Rolling Stone.”

hehehe.. I had to..

25. AudioInsider says:

EVERYBODY SING!
    CHORUS:
    Rolling Stone

wanna see my picture on the cover

wanna buy five copies for my mother

wanna see my smilin’ face

on the cover of the Rolling Stone

26. I thought it already came out and when out today looking for it, but I’m getting it when ut comes out.

27. Bless you Rolling Stone! I can’t WAIT for this to hit the shelves!!!

28. Oh. My. Goodness!
    I forget the last time I bought a copy of RS, but I’ll be buying *this* one!
    (Happy sigh)

29. When I look at this cover, I can’t help but think of a line from an early ’90s song by Crystal Waters. By changing the ‘she’ to ‘he’, it goes like this:

‘He’s just like you and me. But He’s homeless, he’s homeless. As he stands there singing for money. La da dee la dee da. La da dee la dee da.’

Add a booming, 4-on-4 dance beat and you got yourself a ’90s club anthem.

I normally don’t buy magazines (with the exception of the Newsweek issue), but I think I will make another exception here.