Spoiler Alert: “Tricksters on ‘Colbert Report’ tonight”

Well, that’s what the Rockford Register Star is reporting today. If you don’t like spoilers, don’t read more.

As found on rrstar.com:

Rick Nielsen and Robin Zander of Rockford-based Cheap Trick will appear tonight on “The Colbert Report” on Comedy Central (Comcast 45).

The theme song for the Stephen Colbert-hosted program is “Baby Muggles,” a Cheap Trick piece. Nielsen has appeared before on the show.

Last time Rick Nielsen was on the show was to help close what was known as Guitarmageddon. And here’s you’re treat for being brave enough to sneak past the spoiler alert:

ShredDown – The Judgment
The results are in. The judges and audience cast their votes and Henry Kissinger announces the winner.

The Colbert Report Mon – Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
ShredDown – The Judgment
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full Episodes Political Humor Mark Sanford

Comments

1. Jennie, thanks for the heads-up and the Guitarmageddon clip. Not sure what impressed me more – that Frampton was on, or Kissinger!

• That was one of my favorite episodes ever – the fandom went nuts that night… and we couldn’t wait the nearly 3 weeks for the show to come back!

2. Can’t wait!!

P.S. I found another clip of colbert on whose line is it anyway that is not in colbert university that I thought you might want to add. It is bloopers from the show he was on.

3. SusieBlack says:

Thank you for letting us know! I like “baby muggles”, sounds like something cute from Harry Potter.

4. Wow, now I’m way excited! Guitarmageddon was a euphoric experience for me. So amazing.

Does anyone know why the song is called “Baby Muggles”?

• SusieBlack says:

I think the actual title is Baby Mumbles.

• SusieBlack is correct – it’s “Baby Mumbles”.

Now, I just hope that the Rockford Register Star is more accurate with the rest of the details!

5. ColbertGirl27 says:

I’m happy to see that Neil deGrasse Tyson will also be the show this evening. Should be fun!

6. Cool! Today sounds like a great episode!

7. I was hoping iTunes had “Baby Mumbles” for sale, but no.

8. Wriststrongtanline says:

Hey nation, I just wanted to tell you a quick story:

My Christmas present from my mom and dad last year was 4 VIP tickets to see TCR. After my mom and I went in February, we had to pick the date for our second show by June 15th. We picked August 3rd, only to find out a few days ago that my mom will need major surgery on August 2nd. In addition to being scared about the surgery, we were both bummed beyond belief (I cried more than when my boyfriend and I broke up). Then, I wrote to TCR Audience Department to see if we could possibly change the date. I got an email back today (I only wrote to them Saturday! So prompt!) annnddd they said that they would be more than happy to let us change the date! Joyous dancing ensued.

I hope this story made you feel as good as it made me feel, and I think we should all take a moment to marvel at how efficient, caring, and all-together awesome the Colbert Report staff is. Now my mom and I have something to look forward to after her surgery. God bless them!

Oh, and although “Baby Mumbles” makes more sense, I was kind of into the name “Baby Muggles”. =]

• WSTL: I think we all love to hear about the awesomeness that is ‘The Colbert Report’ – in any of it’s manifestations.

And it’s great to see that the audience department is still as nice and thoughtful, even after our favorite Mark M. left this month.

Hope all goes smoothly for your mother’s surgery.

• That’s so great! I’m not surprised though. They couldn’t have been nicer to my sisters and I last week. One of my sisters had a panic attack in line and they really helped us out a lot.

You’ll have to tell us all about your experience when you get back! I’m glad your mom has something to be excited about to keep her mind off the surgery.

• Michele says:

I hope everything goes well for your mom and her surgery! I’m so glad the staff were willing and able to change the date for you so now you guys can still go. They’re good people! :-)

9. I like the way this blog is handling spoilers. I don’t like spoilers, so this way I can come back and read them after the show.

• Michele says:

Ha ha! I do the same thing and I also like that spoilers are clearly labeled and you have to click on a link to get to the actual spoiler part. Thanks for that, DB and crew! For those of us who enjoy surprises, it’s great!