EPISODE NUMBER: 5084 (June 22, 2009)
GUEST: Simon Schama, Jeff Goldblum
SEGMENTS: The Enemy Within – Cane Fu
VIDEOS: Monday, June 22, 2009
My TiVo betrayed me! I went to bed early so I could get up early to do the guide, and my TiVo didn’t record it! TiVo, you are SO in time out right now! So I had to wait until Hulu got up the show so I could do the guide this morning.
I cannot believe how long Stephen was able to go on and on about Zicam and keep it funny. I love how amused Stephen’s Bill Cosby impression amuses him so much. I cannot believe that the whole sketch was building up to a slam on Rush Limbaugh. Every time I think Rush couldn’t be more of an idiot, he finds a way to slither down just a little bit lower. And I’m so loving how Jeff Goldblum keeps coming on with huge monologues. “Just leave!” HAHAH! It’s just the randomness of it that makes it so excellent. And how adorable was that lady on the Cane Fu segment? I just wanted to take her home and have her feed me soup.
I couldn’t decide if I wanted to hug or slap Simon Schama. He was amusing, but at the same time borderline pompous to the point of deserving a knocking down a notch or two. I think after reviewing it a second time, I give it a tentative tip of the hat. The accent alone was worth my time. I’m a sucker for a good accent, I really am.
So what did you think of the show? Lay it on me in the comments.
- Of course, there is some good news – I’ve lost my sense of smell! It’s New York in the summer, Nation. Now not only am I blissfully unaware which subway seats are urine soaked, I no longer worry about gas leaks, my milk is always farm fresh, and never again can I ever be accused of having “dealt it”.
- I think I may already have a sense of super touch.
- And of course, Cliff Huxtable’s favorite prescription, Zeezum-razzum-profen.
- Getting your BA before your PhD is your dad’s way of doing things. Just like researching your medicine’s side effect before you release it.
- The Clintons, I knew it! That explains it all. God only knows where Clinton inserted his Zicam. I think you’re applauding for Bill Clinton doing things with Zicam.
- That may smell like bulls@#t to some people, but not to users of Zicam.
- Just leave!
- That’s why I explore every dark cavern of our American society, like a danger pig, rooting out fear truffle.
- Mark “Hong Kong” Shuey has created a combat system that is turning American’s senior citizens into killing machines. Say hello to your worst nightmare.
- That’s enough. Seriously, stop.
- Well I heard a rumor that you’re going to kill us all.
- Who are you going to believe, Jesus or Kickaro [Cicero]
- I know who the Romans are, and based on your accent you could play a Roman in some sandal epic.
- You ever had bacon tea? Mmm …
- Before the show, I sing the entirety of the National Anthem, and I also sing Cheap Trick’s “I Want You To Want Me.”
- Simon Schama: Hold on, boy, let the Professor talk.