EPISODE NUMBER: 5045 (April 6, 2009)
GUEST: Tom Brokaw, Rich Lowry
SEGMENTS: Un-American News, Tom Brokaw interview, Node 3 Update
VIDEOS: Monday, April 6, 2009
I really found the contrast between the Tom Brokaw and Rich Lowry interviews to be very interesting tonight. Brokaw always brings a wonderful attitude to whatever appearance he’s doing, and he always brings insight into the topic (like Obama’s “Time Out” story) while continuing to play with the “Stephen” character to the delight of Colbert and the audience. In contrast, I thought the interview with Rich Lowry fell flat. Lowry was so on guard, he wasn’t willing to roll with the directions that Stephen wanted to take the interview, which made Lowry look bad, not Stephen. But, like Stephen says, I’ll make lemonade out of the Lowry interview and hope that I can find some sugar and water.
What did you all think of the show?
- When it comes to sensitive information, the old Grey Lady is leakier than an old gray lady.
- This chart is practically demanding them to chop off limbs.
- Even the well-bred only use them when we are drinking High society tea with our foot.
- The toughest part is converting his paycheck to Base 12.
- If I wanted to share my wealth with my friends, I would have friends.
- I guess it’s not as funny when you’re the one carrying everyone else’s debt.
- He gave world leaders a Time Out? He said, You sit on your naughty spot? That’s an American president I can believe in.
- NASA, don’t make me strap a rocket to an intern, and launch him into space with a can of spray paint.
- First off, Congresswoman, it’s not a “room”, it’s a “node”, which is a highly technical space word meaning “room”.
- But it’s used for urine recycling? Nation, I’m beginning to think NASA uses euphemisms. If “water recovery” is actually urine recycling, what the hell is a Buzz Aldrin?
- Hey Giffords, I won this contest with 230,000 votes, which is almost twice the number of votes you got to win your district in 2006.
- I’m kidding, there is no good half.
- I thought there was some hot dog-on-frog action.