Video: CBS’s ‘Early Show’ with Stephen Colbert

Whoo hoo! Here’s the official video of Stephen’s appearance from this morning’s Early Show (thanks, venus). More clips! Singing! Dancing! Tumbling! Watch it now:

Watch CBS Videos Online

Updated here – thanks AmandaIvy!

Comments

1. here’s the official web video

2. Stephen says he is an christmas originalist, but the dutch Sinterklaas has nothing to do with christmas (exept that he was the inspiration for the later Santa Claus). His real name is Saint Nicolas, and he is celebrated the 6th of december.

3. Inara Serra says:

How much caffeine does this man drink? I can barely function that early in the morning.

Yay for tumbling!

4. “What part of CATCH MY FEET do you not understand???”

ROTFL!

5. I can understand why the man there was a little ambivalent! if I were him I’d be afraid of getting a shoe to the nose or something!

6. Maybe it’s just me, but I rather prefer the GMA hosts and show itself. They just seemed to be way more enthusiastic that Stephen was there, and you could really tell that they knew he was probably going to do something silly and outrageous and they whole-heartedly wanted to go along for the ride. Diane Sawyer even offered to sing with him.

reCaptcha: Spectacularism story

LOL!

7. OH HEY:

Another video?! 13 minutes!

8. ColbertGirl27 says:

A man in his forties wearing a suit who is willing to tumble and crawl across the United States at 7 in the morning? Now that’s sexy.

• Yeah. He sure was a his best and had PLENTY of energy! My guess is he fad a few Red Bulls. I don’t think that other guy was expecting something like that. I sort of thought that maybe he had never seen the Report before. The GMA people really seemed to be the it-getter-sort. They were the best! The best of the two by far.

And these people really got me upset today. I was really tired and needed to sleep. They waited until 7:20 to even mention Colbert. Then they made me wait 13 minutes before they had him on! I so wanted to go back to bed then! I love sleeping in late, but this waking up around 7 stuff is kind of rough. But it’s worth it.

One more day down!

• ColbertGirl27 says:

At least they had him on within the first hour. Plus, this might have been their first time with Stephen while GMA had him on last year when Diane Sawyer interviewed him on IAASCA. However, I’ve got to agree with most people here that these morning shows are pretty nauseating!

9. ColbertGirl27 says:

Are we supposed to recognize the man playing Santa Claus in that clip from the Christmas special?

10. Hee, best part was watching Stephen and Harry Smith trying to find traction on the map with their leather-soled shoes. I was pretty sure that when Harry Smith did catch Stephen’s feet that his feet would slide and there would be catastrophic failure.
    Each little snippet of the show makes me more and more excited for Sunday!

11. i’m a gymnastics coach, and i’d be happy to spot Stephen on his tumbling moves! :)

• ColbertGirl27 says:

Haha! That’s awesome. I used to be involved in gymnastics and floor exercises were always my favorite. I can still pull off handstands…and I hope I still can when I hit my 40s!

• ColbertGirl27 says:

By the way, it must feel, er, a little different if you’re a man performing a handstand.

12. Lmao. I love how Stephen keeps insisting to catch his feet and the guy is totally not getting it.

I find it unfair that I’m up at that time every morning and am in no way capable (energy-wise) of performing handstands.