BREAKING NEWS – Stephen Colbert at the Soho Apple store tonight

Photo courtesy of Flickr user gamblingcat

We’ve been receiving reports that Stephen Colbert was at the Apple Soho store earlier this evening. Colbert reportedly interviewed Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway for a “Get Smart” In-store promotion, and it’s entirely possible that John Hodgman (the “PC guy” – HA!) was there too. And, apparently, there was also the singing of the national anthem by Colbert.

We’ll keep perusing the blogosphere and Twitterverse to see what scoop we can find. Were any of the Zoners who also happen to be Steve fans freakishly lucky enough to have been there?

EDIT:

Good God, I love the internet. Here’s a short video, courtesy of YouTube user Smilez360.

SECOND EDIT:

LJ user imti posted photos of Stephen and Steve singing the national anthem here.

Just like the good old days!

Comments

1. oh man, just that short video reminded me of that great carell-colbert banter…

2. It was a duet of the Star Spangled banner. Steve and Stephen sang but STeve had a hard time not laughing. it was the most amazing thing. I was first in line and MAN spending 8 hours in line was sooo worth it.

• storm_03 says:

oh i’m soooooooooo eternally jealous!!!

• Jenny with a Y says:

Thank you for the first-hand account Elisa. Hopefully someone recorded the two of them singing the National Anthem together and will post the video online somewhere. It sounds awesome.

3. The whole thing was recorded by Apple for a Podcast. I’m REALLY hoping that was included. The whole night was just MAGICAL. Seeing those two together again was incredible.

• ColbertGirl27 says:

You must be on cloud nine right now! Did they have a Q&A session? If so, did you have a chance to ask a question?

STEPHEN COLBERT INTERVIEWING STEVE CARELL=PRICELESS!!!!! AHHH!

• I didn’t have the nerve. I was flipping out and yeah… I thought of questions but just was way too nervous to have them both look over at me when I asked it.

• storm_03 says:

omg if carell and colbert both looked my way at the same time, i think i might pass out =S or just get really really stupid all of a sudden

• Dude you are so lucky!!!! I think seeing those two together would make my brain explode!! Why was Colbert there? Why didn’t they come to the Apple Store in Ann Arbor Michigan? I live within an hour of there. All of the cool stuff happens at the Soho store.

• Oh, and is there anyone in the Monroe Michigan area who would like to get together with a hero here to see those movies? We’d need to get on this like soon. Sorry if this is a double post. Some of my comments seem to get lost in the spam filter.

4. I was there, too. It was awesome. Definitey magical, as Elisa said. The Star Spangled Banner was definitely the highlight for me. Also when they talked about their time at Second City in Chicago. Some great stories.

• storm_03 says:

omg i wanna hear those stories… again eternally jealous!!!
      thanks for sharing

• They described one of their skits which sounded hilarious. They’re two college buddies going home for the summer and Steve is going to Stephen’s hometown, and it turns out that when Stephen is home he is actually an old black woman, like, that’s his hometown persona, so everyone treats him like one and Steve just watches it all happen and in the end apparently turns into an old black woman as well. They both assured us that it worked and it was really funny, even though it sounds a bit bizarre.

5. Oh, and is there anyone in Michigan near Monroe Michigan that would like to get together to see either Get Smart of the Love Guru when they come out on Friday? If so, we’d need to get on this soon.

6. AmandaIvy says:

If anything, I’m glad that they got to do something together. They’ve been friends for so long and they’re both so busy, it must be nice to actually be on the same side of the country for a little while, much less have the opportunity to do something together.

7. wow…please someone post the detail reporrr of the event…

8. Man, it’s things like this that make me truly hate living in England! you guys have all the fun!

9. Got there late and was way in the back, but once they announced Colbert was the moderator it didn’t seem to matter!! Once they started screening clips from the movie I headed outside to try and get a closer look as they were leaving. Anne Hathaway left first then Carell before I could get on the inside of the mob. But I was there for Colbert to pass right by!! FTW!

10. Laaaura says:

omg. That’s amazing that Colbert interviewed those them. I really hope Apple puts that video up and that Steve and Stephen singing the National Anthem is included. I’m looking at all of the pictures on gettyimages and omg, they’re so cute!

11. I am so excited for this podcast. SO EXCITED. :D

Anne Hathaway is such a lucky girl.

12. I went to a few of these things the Apple Store Soho did during the Tribeca Film Festival recently; they said all the vids would be posted online at iTunes or something…keep your eyes out for them folks. *g*

13. This should link to the place they will post this podcast video:
    “Filmmaker Talks: Get Smart”

If it doesn’t work, go to Podcasts –> TV & Film –> Filmmaker Talks: Get Smart

Wheeeeee

• Thank you. Those are great. I can’t wait until they post that interview! I really need to move to NewYork. There is nothing around Monroe Michigan! This is boring town. Anybody near Monroe Michigan want to “Get Smart” together? I’d really like to go with a fellow hero. After work tomorrow, I’ll be busy watching movies!

I have offically become a fan of Steve Carell. He’s hot too!

14. Sorry if this is a double post.

I have offically become a fan of Steve Carell. He’s hot too!